PAM Transport and Driver Solutions only care about money

Discussion in 'PAM' started by fdtlaw, Jan 7, 2011.

1. goodchoice10

goodchoice10 Heavy Load Member

Aug 31, 2010
    The Buckeye
    and all God's people said................

AMEN! :biggrin_25514:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. upontheedge

upontheedge Bobtail Member

Sep 3, 2011
    viburnum Mo
    A competent lawyer for the defendant would argue there is no such expectation of complete training insurance for any mishap that arises from your negligence in proceeding to drive a Semi Truck when you shouldn't. In other words hindsight is 20/20. Tell me, when in your truck driving career is Driver Solutions completely off the hook? In the future would you continue to blame them for all accidents and damages ? How come "now"
    you have decided they didn't train you well enough. When if ever will they
    know if you are properly trained? By the way you did receive a CDL and
    employment, and your argument that the training wasn't sufficent could have merit, but you continued to drive and that hurts your case significantly IMO

4. Shotsjc

Shotsjc Medium Load Member

May 4, 2011
    Albany, N.Y.
    I just got my cdl through Roehl in Wisconsin. While in school I was staying in this motel and while sitting in the whirlpool one night this guy gets in. He is also training with Roehl but already got his cdl through Pam transport. he quit because he was seeing checks of about 125. to 140. He said the would give him a decent run but once he got to his destination, he would sit for days at a time. After like 6 or so weeks like that he just saud screw it and quit.

I had considered going through Driver Solutions and after hearing that I was glad i didnt! Thats my two cents!

5. AFSTruckerswife

AFSTruckerswife Light Load Member

May 23, 2009
    Graham, N.C.
    Shotsjc.....You can not believe every word that you heard. PAM does not let you sit for days because they have to pay layover for every 24 hours you sit. If he sat....it was his own fault. Like any company, there will be slow periods and holidays where you may sit, but never for days. PAM may not be one of the best companies out there, but they are not one of the worst either. As for the pay.....the first year is rough because you are paying back the school and all....but you should know that right from the get-go. It is pretty much common sense! Anyway...just had to put in my 2 cents....for what it's worth.

6. Shotsjc

Shotsjc Medium Load Member

May 4, 2011
    Albany, N.Y.
    I was just relaying what I was told. I disbelieve almost everything I hear being from NY. I am a born cynic! LOL.

DenaliDad Thanks this.
  7. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

What a great perspective. Many posts I see on TTR place blame on the company, the driving academy, the state that tested them, and all sorts of other people and organizations when most of what happens behind the wheel belongs to and can be controlled to some extent by the operator of that wheel.

Keep in mind that membership in the Better Business Bureau is voluntary and non-regulatory. Calling them can help in a business-related matter, but it's not going to help because one is unhappy with an employer's policies and procedures. They do not represent the employee.

My focus as a driver of any motor vehicle is to stay alert and not distracted, leave the anger, frustration, and emotion outside the door, pay attention at all times, slow down, leave the cell phone in my pocket, always leave myself an out, and "aim high" to be prepared for the things I can control.

Nycmex77 Thanks this.
  8. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

I also wonder what part the per diem plays. To get a check of only $120, he really would have had to be sitting for a long time. The company wouldn't be using their own resources very efficiently. My guess is that person is just exercising his freedom of whining!

:biggrin_2551:

9. AFSTruckerswife

AFSTruckerswife Light Load Member

May 23, 2009
    Graham, N.C.
    Shotsjc......I too am from NY....up your way, actually. My family still lives up there.

10. Thrillhouse

Thrillhouse Bobtail Member

Aug 22, 2011
    These are solid points and you're correct in wondering when exactly would Driver Solutions be free from blame for something a former student did wrong. I suppose that depends on whether or not they were responsible for any wrong doing up until you received a CDL. I have read cases in which former students have had their CDL taken from them ( a lot of students ). I wont go into reasons why this happened, but the information is out there ( Missouri, Sikeston ).

If you have three entities, school, DMV, hiring company, all tied together then it may seem a little more clear as to how and why people feel they were put on the road unprepared. I would assume that you have to give some level of trust going in that these people know what they are doing. All experts in their field instructors, licensing, and driver trainers appointed by a company---all telling you you're ready to drive. I wonder if maybe you just assume that everyone feels like you and that the only way to overcome the fear that you're not ready is to trust that these people are correct, that you are in fact ready, and go out on your own? If not, then why are you trusting that they were honest about everything else?

11. Thrillhouse

Thrillhouse Bobtail Member

Aug 22, 2011
    I believe that ONLY being concerned with bottom line is in fact what makes a company bad. Even worse if you've ever pretended to care about the people you're dealing with.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.