Panther Expedited Services Good or Bad Company?

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by JMF2479, Apr 8, 2007.

1. zigdig

zigdig Bobtail Member

Dec 19, 2007
    gilsum,nh
    go here b4 panther...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. xzoomed66

xzoomed66 Bobtail Member

Apr 13, 2008
    bucyrus ohio
    At panther you can turn down a load that does not pay that much for a load that pays better . your not gettin payed by the miles insted you are getting payed by the load and pick up times and drop off times are based on 45 miles an hour driving (on city,and interstate roads)if you are late then you are a lazy driver .I drove for them my speed was 55 miles per hour and speed limt in city all day long and was never late:yes2557:

4. truckdriver402

truckdriver402 Light Load Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Orwell, OH
    My wife and I ran for Panther and have nothing but good things to say about them. We got good loads, good pay, and memories we still talk about to this day.

Only downside to them are the fact that you run for an owner and not the company (no health benefits, 1099 vs. w2).

We also ran for All State Express and I wouln't recommend them to my worst enemy. They sucked.

Baack Thanks this.
  5. Triple Three Jax Fl

Triple Three Jax Fl Bobtail Member

Mar 28, 2009
    jax fl
    panther is awesome if you can find a owner who will let you run ive been with panther for 7mo not a bad word comes to thought

6. uncbenben

uncbenben Bobtail Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Aberdeen, MD
    I found a gentleman that was looking for someone to team with. I gave him a call got my B learners and working on getting my hazmat. I might be out on the road with panther here shortly.

7. allnite

allnite Light Load Member

Jan 2, 2009
    cedar bluff,al.
    there you go.a CLASH classic.

8. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    It's a good way to start but don't expect a lot of money . Teams don't get twice as much as solos and most teams are husband/wife . If the other driver figures there's enough money you'll probably be o.k. .

9. uncbenben

uncbenben Bobtail Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Aberdeen, MD
    I hope so, My thinking it was a good way to get started.

10. uncbenben

uncbenben Bobtail Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Aberdeen, MD
    Welll.. it fell through. Pather couldnt except him. He had something on his driving record and it doesnt drop off for a while.. Back to the drawing board.

11. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    That brings up a good point . Only O/O's work for Panther and FedEx Custom Critical . If you get a job driving for a fleet owner you are working for the fleet owner , not the carrier . There are real good fleet owners but some bad ones too . Check your contract carefully .

ampm wayne Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.