Panther Expedited Services Good or Bad Company?

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by JMF2479, Apr 8, 2007.

1. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    Not disputing anything you said but you did say you were working for a fleet owner , not Panther . Your pay stubs aren't from Panther , are they ?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. husky3959

husky3959 Bobtail Member

Jun 1, 2010
    I am sorry, but those people are 100% wrong about PANTHER II. Not anything that you wrote is true. I own my truck and have been leased on with PANTHER for over 7 years. I still have a 100% on time delivery and pick up after these 7 years. It is true that they may have a hard time finding a truck to take the load and then when they come to you, you would be late picking up, but, they always adjust the time. I really don't know how much you would like to know about Panther II, but I am sure that I would be happy to answer your questions and concerns about my experience and I promise that I will not sugar coat anything or lie to you. My e-mail is husky3959@aol.com

CaptainYellowbeard Thanks this.
  4. firefox30

firefox30 Bobtail Member

Aug 27, 2012
    i worked for panther and i liked it but sitting alot and not getting paid but bigt one there not as good as people say thery are so your answer is what you want it to be but i no longer work for them got screwed

5. CaptainYellowbeard

CaptainYellowbeard Light Load Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Hoquiam WA
    Oh the difficulty of forums...
    A glowing review followed by a rant against. Which one is correct? Do you go with the one that abounds with syntax, grammar, and spelling?
    The whole concept of hot shot trucking is intriguing. Go like heck, run hard, then wait. The deliveries to remote locations. The chance to see more than freeways and truck stops. Auto parts today, and a coffin tomorrow. I'm ready!

6. Bigarmin88

Bigarmin88 Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2008
    Tampa Bay Fl
    Panther going down hill real fast,freight been slow since July and I haven't seen any signs of things getting better.Panther are adding way to many trucks and cargo vans and they don't have enough freight for these added trucks!But that's my opinion and I'm sure the Panther cheerleader who drops by once a while will disagree with me.As far I what I seen,solo's are running more than teams and with ABF Freight buying them,I don't see anything good coming out within the years to come.:biggrin_25513:

7. runninwild

runninwild Bobtail Member

Oct 4, 2012
    My hudband and I drove team for Panther, and for the most part did pretty good. We got the miles we wanted but them we we changed owners.....BIG mistake!! Beware of an owner named Mike Wasdovich, he stole $5500.00 from us and Panther did not back us at all. As a matter of fact, because of this owner we are no longer with Panther. Panther only has freight in the east, they do not move much in the west so you will get stuck for days on end.. Better think real hard before deciding to run for Panther. Plus,...Panther does not have the freight they once had just a few months ago. They are adding way to many truck and don not have the freight to cover them.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
    ladyfire Thanks this.
  8. ALeger70

ALeger70 Bobtail Member

Oct 4, 2012
    I drove a straight truck for Panther. It was the biggest mistake I made in regards to trucking. It is a ripoff, they don't pay what they promise. You sit alot. Sometimes waiting 2 to 3 days for a load.

btrucker Thanks this.
  9. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    just fyi

expediting is not hot shot hauling, two different things

panther is a good company if you have realisitic expectations about expediting

you can make good money if you are willing to learn how companies work and work within the companies

if you don't own a truck, and want to get into it there are a number of places to find a way in, call panther, fedex, load-1, and dekk to see if they have owners looking for drivers

10. Bumpnrun

Bumpnrun Light Load Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Petoskey, Mi
    My miles have dropped a bit in the last few months but I'm still profitable, and that's with taking a 17% pay cut to remain a solo. I expect freight to pick up for the holidays and with the conclusion of the elections. I haven't experienced any negative repercussions since ABF's acquisition - in fact, the the loads that have been associated with ABF tend to pay true mileage as opposed to that zip code to zip code b.s.

11. mipale

mipale Bobtail Member

Sep 29, 2012
    here
    With all the talk about Panther being good or bad, can anyone suggest any other expediter's worth looking into...... Thanks

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.