Panther Expedited Services, Inc. - Seville, Oh.?

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by anonymous.person, Sep 21, 2006.

1. roaddogg1976

roaddogg1976 Bobtail Member

Nov 27, 2013
    sounds like M & M Expedite out of crossville TN if so run like heck the other direction.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Krashdragon

Krashdragon Medium Load Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Cleburne, Tx
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  4. Ubu

Ubu Road Train Member

Aug 25, 2012
    Rumored to be somewhere
    I’m pretty sure no matter what trucking company you search for information on you will find law suits filed agents them for some reason or other.

The link you provided was for a law suit for owner/operators leased to Panther who were underpaid for miles, fuel surcharge, layover, and detection pay, not for drivers who might be working for a fleet owner that is leased on to them. I see nowhere where they settled anything in the link you provided; just that some law firm is looking for more people to join their suit. Perhaps was settled, perhaps not but that really doesn’t tell you anything as suits are often settled just because of the cost and time involved in fighting them.

Unless you are buying a truck and leasing that truck onto Panther you are not really working for Panther as they have no company drivers. While Panther does set the qualifications for drivers and helps prospective drivers find a fleet owner to drive for, you are working for a fleet owner in the end who has their trucks leased on to panther and your pay is between you and that fleet owner.

Do your research and understand who you are really working for. You should be searching for information on the fleet owner you will be driving for as they are the ones who will be paying you as well as for information on Panther. You might want to look at the forum at http://www.expeditersonline.com/forum/panther-expedited/ for more information on Panther.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  5. Krashdragon

Krashdragon Medium Load Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Cleburne, Tx
    Figured that out after I posted.
    Thanks

mary

6. Kersey

Kersey Light Load Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Can someone tell me form experience, i.e. they have a tractor on with or has recently left Panther what kind of experience they had and what kind of monthly gross they were getting.

I run 3000+ miles a week pulling bulk cement and am looking for something a little more year around. And maybe something where every load doesn't mean placing the truck on a scale to max it out either.

I have been approved at Panther, Roadrunner and have an app in with Landstar. Landstar might take a while from all indications but might be worth the wait if the other two are half as bad as I am hearing word of mouth.

Not looking to hear my buddies next door neighbor stories. Just real numbers with decent facts please.

Thanks.

7. MrHyde

MrHyde Bobtail Member

Mar 23, 2014
    I worked for Panther II for 5 years and made over $100K each yr. I admit at the beginning it seemed hard spending so many days at truck stops waiting for a load, once 8 days ( after second day I was first in line out of 3 or 4 other trucks) and about 5 times waiting 5 days, but by the end of the year I grossed $124K. You have to be patient, but they paid off all my mortgages and loans! Thanks Panther!

8. Valor D

Valor D Bobtail Member

May 1, 2014
    I worked for Panther for 2 weeks. The recruiter who hired me promised I'd be making a minimum of $1,500. per week to start. Their 2 day orientation was pretty much a joke. I learned very little of what I actually needed to know. On the second day of orientation, they hooked me up with LMA Leasing to drive one of their straight trucks. I basically knew nearly nothing when I started, a day or two later. I understood that drivers had to pay for fuel, and that LMA Leasing would give you advances to pay for the fuel. Panther paid out $1.20 per mile, and LMA Leasing kept 40% of that, which left me with 72 cents per mile. There were also deductions such as insurance. The straight truck I was in was a 40 foot long 2007 International double sleeper which weighed 25,000 lbs. and it got 8mpg at best. It also had something wrong with the clutch or the transmission or both, but they chose to pretend like there was nothing wrong with it. So, anyway, the gas cost me nearly 50 cents per mile, which meant I was making about 20 cents per mile profit before other expenses (tolls, insurance, food, etc.). It wasn't until 2 weeks later that I found out that Panther doesn't pay your ACTUAL miles. They only pay the mileage that their computer tells them it should be, as in the shortest possible route. They don't factor in roads with clearance or weight restrictions, detours, or driving to truck stops. So, after working for 2 weeks, when I asked them how much my check would be, they said that I was $800 in the NEGATIVE. I asked how that was possible, and they said it was from all the advances I'd taken. In other words, the money for fuel and tolls and bare necessities. That was when I turned the truck around and quit. I don't know about the rest of their drivers, but I have a family to support and bills to pay. I need to make money, not to go deeper into debt. These people are serious scammers, and it makes me wonder how they're still in business. They're basically just looking for slave labor.

9. drewglover

drewglover Bobtail Member

May 2, 2014
    Indianapolis, IN
    I had applied with panther about 6 months ago trying to get a CDL Class B OTR job. They are pretty strict on who they work with. I only had six months experience and they wouldn't qualify me. I was taken to them by an O/O that had seen my resume' and liked me as a person. They also took 3 weeks for me to even get an answer. I had to keep calling them. The O/O that took me to them was calling as well. They are not easy to deal with.

10. curvytrucker

curvytrucker Bobtail Member

Jul 5, 2014
    Clifton park ,NY
    ive been a solo company driver for the past yr with swift and don hummer out of Iowa ,ive just gotten on with Panther expedite with a fleet owner and the male driver im on board with is a driver for the fleet owner as am i, so far ive been on this truck for about 2 weeks the truck is deff not comfortable enough for 2 drivers to share has almost 700 thousand miles on it and is ancient we havent had AC since ive been on the truck and have had it serviced 5 times now to fix the AC without any luck ,it has also taken a lot of time out of us being able to keep rolling ... yes the pay is good but if your not rolling whats the point ,lol.... before i decided to try out this team thing i was told all the trucks are much bigger and nicer then the average solo truck so the team would be comfortable, but that hasn't been my experience so far, im also not compatible with my male co driver which has made it a veryunhappy experience for me and im sure him as well, and now im looking for another team driver to drive with... as for this holiday weekend weve had to sit from friday till monday for a load its been pretty torturous tobe sitting like this and not making any money... im planning on getting off the drivers truck as soon as we get routed to panther in ohio over the next week so i can maybe be paired up with someone else... this team thing is much harder to be paired up then i expected ,lol... i would like to find a team driver on here if there are any drivers in need... but for the most part teaming and expedite are something to get major adjustments with when youve only been solo with a company...

11. curvytrucker

curvytrucker Bobtail Member

Jul 5, 2014
    Clifton park ,NY
    im surprized i got hired on with then and im only driving since september 11, 2013... did you speak to Panther in seville, Ohio , and was it a recruiter ?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.