Paper logs?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Motor Trucking, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Sirscrapntruckalot

Sirscrapntruckalot Road Train Member

Disclaimer: I am not calling anyone a snowflake or participating in the snowflinging(like mud...but it's winter...get it?).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    And remember...
    [​IMG]

Sirscrapntruckalot - Meanie head! - 2 year old on the playground or 25 year old upset they ran out of his favorite cracker at the store.

bryan21384 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RSB34

RSB34 Light Load Member

Feb 9, 2013
    ny.
    No You feel people only want logs to cheat. Some do some don't. You are the only one that can be right I understand.

4. RSB34

RSB34 Light Load Member

Feb 9, 2013
    ny.
    You basically calling me a lier and a cheat because I'm on paper. No other explanation for you. Yes I do take offense to that.

5. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    I read it as "your truck might be compatible, so why rule it out?" Is there any reason you refuse to consider elogs?

6. RSB34

RSB34 Light Load Member

Feb 9, 2013
    ny.
    I concidered paper, elog and abord I decided to keep paper. That don't mean I cheat my logs as he has said is the only reason to keep paper. I personally see elog hooked to my ecm as a invasion. I need to give a shop permission to go in to my ecm. However I have to let dot. Look at a device hooked into my Ecm. What's next will they be allowed to hook up to my ecm see what my settings are? I own the truck I own the company I decided to keep paper and cheating was not a reason for it. The only reason to keep paper is to cheat is a asinine statement. I'm personally tired of hearing it. Maybe the only reason to have elog is your too stupid to fill a log out? How about we bend over let the government do anything they want I mean I'm sure they have our best interest in mind.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2018
    Reason for edit: Fixed Quote
  7. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    I didn't need to call you that. I said you don't have to admit it. What other explanation is there that people want paper logs? Besides, if you're none of those then my comments don't matter to you. You don't even know me, and yet you're letting my opinions bother you. Who would have thought that strangers can have so much power over people. Look, it don't matter to me how you log. Nobody who comes on here regularly was born yesterday, nor did any of us start driving yesterday. It's no other reason why people want paper logs, or would even go through the hassle of trying to buy a pre-2000 truck. Some folks are still upset about the mandate even a year later.....too bad OOIDA don't know how to fight, nor did they really have a puncher's chance in this fight.

ZVar Thanks this.
  8. I glide 47

I glide 47 Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2017
    I don't want to pay for the logs monthly fee

9. RSB34

RSB34 Light Load Member

Feb 9, 2013
    ny.
    F
    first I had this truck for years I did not go through the hassle of buying a older truck. Why are you so narrow minded that you feel the only reason is to cheat? I looked at theoptions for the year truck I had. My truck is in top shape I'm not going to just sell it if it was newer that a 2000 I would go with elogs and never miss a beat. I found paper to be cheaper and less intrusive. If you knew the areas I run you would know I go through a lot of tolls everyday. What's on toll receipts the time. Making it almost impossible to cheat. However you continue to say it's ok you don't have to admit it but we know why. Must really suck going through life thinking there is no other way but your way. Personally I'm tired of hearing it. why can't you get it through you narrow mind not everyone cheats your comments just show how asinine you are and what's wrong with the industry. Your still insisting I have to be cheating. You don't know ,e but you know what I'd do.

10. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Then get one without monthly fees. @Pedigreed Bulldog has one (I believe)

11. I glide 47

I glide 47 Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2017
    Most companies demand that you use theirs and pay fee

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.