Paperless logs

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Road Dog, Sep 24, 2006.

1. kajidono

kajidono Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Streetrat
    That's the way it should be. There's to many hangers on with their hands stuffed in someone else's pockets in this industry. Oh hey, speaking of greedy brokers...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Randall

Randall Light Load Member

Apr 11, 2009
    Grafton Wv
    Ahh, I see......Kinda like takin the "Hurry up and wait" out?

4. phroziac

phroziac Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Gary, IN
    Sometimes it just plain makes it worse

Lets say its thursday, "Ok, pickup this 1000 mile load that delivers on Saturday, drop it at this drop yard 200 miles away in 5 hours so a daycab can haul it", you have a preassigned load after it, then the shipper cancels the load right before you get there.

Sometimes i dont even have time to take a shower or eat. But I take my brakes when I need them and where I want to and it all works out. Then other times, its just hurry up and wait and wait and wait.

Hehehe I just took a sick day didnt even lose my load. Got a bacterial throat infection, went to a doctor, got told i shouldnt work today, called in "hey i got sick and i cant work until thursday and i have a doctors note". Apparently i had a load already but they either re-worked the appointments to make it work or it just had big windows in the first place. Sometimes they have wide open windows makes it seem like youre going to be late if you stop at mcdonalds. ;)

I totally agree. It really surprised me that thats how they're paid though. I figured they made like 30 an hour or something, flat rate. Must be that case at other companies though, because werner dispatch usually cares about keeping me going. *usually* lol

5. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    Marten is now using mcp-200 e-log and Q.C

knighton5 Thanks this.
  6. Canadian stuck in the UK

Canadian stuck in the UK Bobtail Member

Jul 17, 2011
    teesside, uk
    We use some sort of paperless logs here in the UK, known as a digital tachograph card and it sure makes the job easier (in regards to hours left driving etc). Getting a record of your work is easy as pressing a button. I had been stopped by the police who took my digicard and ran it through his computer to check my records, had it back in minutes. But I sure do miss the log books from Canada when I'm running out of hours and am close to my destination

7. railtruckdriver853

railtruckdriver853 Light Load Member

Oct 10, 2010
    memphis, tennessee
    for the info board,

ozark automotive dist.-(also known as o'reilly auto parts stores)-they use paperless logs for their over the road trucks.

i just happened to see one in memphis one morning right off i-40 and it had a sticker on the door saying paperless logs on board.

thought werner had the market cornered on the paperless logs system.
    :biggrin_25510:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.