Parking in fuel islands

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by northstarfire0693, Apr 1, 2023.

1. northstarfire0693

northstarfire0693 Heavy Load Member

Jul 1, 2006
    AZ
    You are right on there. I wouldnt call those idiots drivers. They lack skill and love for the profession. That is a steering wheel holder.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Suspect Zero

Suspect Zero Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2016
    Burbank, IL
    I suppose it is possible and he decided to steal the cones on his way out because they were nice ones, but I figure it's highly unlikely.

4. navypoppop

navypoppop Heavy Load Member

Dec 4, 2014
    Winter Haven, Fl.
    I know Little America in Wyoming has signs posted that unattended trucks at the fuel islands will be booted and fined to unboot like $200. They post that they haven't had to boot yet but this is a good way to deter the idiots from parking at the pumps

I have also read that other truck stops have parked a tow truck and posted signs to threaten towing if trucks were left at the pumps. Good for any truck stop that steps up to stop this practice by these lazy so-called professionals.

5. PaulMinternational

PaulMinternational Road Train Member

Aug 23, 2022
    Please someone get us some video of this driver, his truck number. After video is up we know who to watch for, where to get some nice cones at and where someone might leave a parting gift of some type ( use imagination)

6. LOTSO

LOTSO Medium Load Member

Mar 28, 2023
    I think it's to late. The 30 Min. Break Rule created this. The parking on the fuel island and parking on the shoulder crowd are the same people. It's an engrained behavior now. So much so, someone carries cones. I think we've all seen all the different ways people have tried to change this behavior...Public shaming on Youtube, threats of violence, actual violence, sabotage to the parkers truck, and even asking politely if they would move forward. None of these has had any deterrent at all. It's just part of stopping to get fuel now. Just try and get it at off peak times or get lucky.

7. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Start towing trucks…whens they have to pay upwards of $500 to get truck back, then maybe they’ll get the msg

Still undecided and bzinger Thank this.
  8. LOTSO

LOTSO Medium Load Member

Mar 28, 2023
    Sure, but the T/S would have to do that. I just think the "Self Governing" didn't work. No matter what you do to those people they just don't seem to care.

Phoenix Heavy Haul Thanks this.
  9. SmallPackage

SmallPackage Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2019
    Marion Texas
    Just be glad they haven’t put in the TV flat screens in the pumps like Velero is here in Texas at the auto pumps. Some of these guys might just park to watch the advertisements and pop culture news.

Oxbow and OLDSKOOLERnWV Thank this.
  10. PaulMinternational

PaulMinternational Road Train Member

Aug 23, 2022
    I think it’s highly unlikely myself and seem to recall a flatbed with cones behind it at one of the local loves as I started my day not too far back. My guess is he does it regularly and thinks he’s some kind of special somehow.

bzinger Thanks this.
  11. FLHT

FLHT Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2014
    Shell requires their Ryder dedicated trucks to put cones out when parked.
    Reason is to do a safety walk aound truck before moving.
    Shell likes to send safety people to follow .

bzinger Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.