Parking in fuel islands

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by northstarfire0693, Apr 1, 2023.

1. Bozwik

Bozwik Light Load Member

Mar 28, 2022
    Mars, USA
    Bobtails in semi parking spots is getting just as bad. No reason why you can't find a smaller area for bobtail rather then take a spot for a semi.

OLDSKOOLERnWV Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ducnut

ducnut Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    SPI
    It’s usually not company drivers. Those I see are usually New Americans/New Canadians who are most likely lease-operators. They probably have hardly a dime in their pocket or account.

OLDSKOOLERnWV Thanks this.
  4. OLDSKOOLERnWV

OLDSKOOLERnWV Captain Redbeard

Nov 29, 2011
    West Virginia

Seen a driver few weeks back with a arm full of those cheap noodles, ramen noodles or something like that..? Makes ya wonder how tight the $$ is for them…

ducnut and Oxbow Thank this.
  5. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I like the ones that will go into an completely empty place and take an eternity to pump gas out of the only diesel pump, so I’m waiting behind them in my POV looking like an idiot. :biggrin_25510:

kemosabi49 Thanks this.
  6. Brandonpdx

Brandonpdx Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Elkhart, IN
    That's what should happen. Meanwhile out in the real world nobody has the time or resources to micro-manage like that. I could say the same thing about buttheads who take too long getting cash out of the ATM or at the self checkout line at the supermarket or inattentive service at a bar or restaurant. There is almost no end of things that light my fuse nowadays. I just throw in reverse back out of there if the bozo is still sitting there after I've walked back out to my truck with my fuel receipt.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.