Parking Lot Incident on 1099

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by WheelSpin, Mar 30, 2023.

1. bad-luck

bad-luck Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Baltimore, Maryland
    I should have said 1099 contractor or just 1099

Metalicious Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. WheelSpin

WheelSpin Bobtail Member

Mar 10, 2023
    What if the company doesn't typically report to DAC? I haven't asked them outright, but if there's a monetary cost involved then I don't see them finding an incentive to report.

Metalicious Thanks this.
  4. Metalicious

Metalicious Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2015
    If they do not report to DAC, then it wouldn't be on your DAC, unless it is reported on your license (i.e. you received a ticket). At that point though its not a matter of them reporting it themselves, but DAC gathering the information from public resources and/or insurance reports that DAC has access to. Whether or not DAC has those resources to receive and supply information from insurance reports I am not certain of. You can get a copy of your LexusNexus report also. That is something most, if not all insurance companies look at as well, too. It is yet another consumer report that is filed and kept up by what is deemed to be a consumer reporting agency, under federal law. You're also entitled to a free copy of that report as well.

WheelSpin Thanks this.
  5. Metalicious

Sep 27, 2015
    No problem. It really doesn't stand out to most people, until they see "employee" and then "contractor", in the same page. Such as what happened to my uncle who leased to some numb nut who literally kept referring to my uncle as both in his "lease".

WheelSpin Thanks this.
  6. Metalicious

Sep 27, 2015
    I'm a bafoon, it's LexisNexis not LexusNexus, sorry.

7. zodiacflyer

zodiacflyer Heavy Load Member

Aug 25, 2014
    First thing you need to do is to go work for a company that is not going to have YOU paying THEIR portion of the taxes that THEY legitimately owe. It may look good on paper one week at a time, but the reality is that at the end of the year, you usually owe more than you would have if you were just (correctly) treated as a W-2 employee. Especially with the standard deduction being doubled in recent years. The companies that do this bull #### are just laughing their ##### off at their ill-gained 7% or additional margin they are getting simply by making one of their expenses, yours.

Metalicious Thanks this.
  8. WheelSpin

WheelSpin Bobtail Member

Mar 10, 2023
    There was a field report (deputy took pictures & spook to persons on site) but it was on a private property, the shipper, and no citation/ticket was issued. Will DAC show it in this case? Or is waiting and looking at the report every month or so the only way to find out?

9. Old Man

Old Man Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Oklahoma City, OK
    I don’t care how the driver is classified, hit my truck I am going after the truck insurance company. If they fire him or give him a metal I don’t care.

10. Metalicious

Sep 27, 2015
    If there was no citation I don't think there'd ve any public record for DAC to get the information from. But I would still check my own DAC report to be sure.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.