Parking on on/off ramps per State

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Jeck, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Well in the contracts I have with my drivers is the clause that says they will not park on an exit or entrance of a limited access freeway or road unless they have mechanical problems which means you take breakdown steps.

there is no hand slapping or anything like that, you are terminated - period!

ive seen an accident back in 1983 which killed five members of a family, the truck was parked on an exit ramp with no lights, the dad was not watching and hit the back of the truck at 50 mph. I was three cars behind them.

Wasted Thyme and tarmadilo Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    I like driving up into Michigan. They have enough legal parking. I can drive into a Loves after midnight and get a spot.

I don't know what it was like in the 80s, but they got it working now. It's a shame the rest of the country can't get it figured out.

Ultimately the 4wheelers need to learn to drive down the road without smashing into stationary objects.

But at the very least they can stop fighting every new truck stop that wants to open up nearby.

That would clean up trucks in their areas. That way they can continue swerving all over their lanes, in the left lane, and all over the shoulder too without offing themselves on the backside of big, non-moving trailer!

Last edited: Aug 27, 2021
  4. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    I too wish the POVs would stop doing that as well. Take a look at this video! How much would you be willing to bet the driver of that SUV was either yacking or Texting before hitting those parked vehicles? Not meaning to hijack the topic, but the largest majority of all the problems on the roads today is coming from this! In all honesty, I think I am more scared of a yacker than a drinker on the road driving! Both are dangerous!

TravR1 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.