Parking

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Drpparker95, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Drpparker95

Drpparker95 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2017
    Meridian mississippi
    Do most truckstops allow you to park your personal vehicle there for an extended period of time like a week. If not then i dont know how id get home. I have no one to pick me up

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    It could be considered abandoned. But if you make arrangments. But why would you park somewhere you can't keep on eye on it?????? What you gonna do if it gets broke in to.

4. Drpparker95

Drpparker95 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2017
    Meridian mississippi
    I understand the risks i just don't have anyone able to pick me up so options are kind of limited to parking my car where ill park the truck or walking home

5. Jumbo

Jumbo Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Appleton, Wisconsin
    Call a cab. So you plan on parking at a truckstop for hometime?

6. VolvoTerry

VolvoTerry Light Load Member

Sep 7, 2015
    Based out of Omaha,NE
  7. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    The truck stop is not the place to leave your truck while you are taking time off. The truck stop may have it towed as abandoned, it might get the front end torn off by another truck trying to back in or pull out, and/or it might be broken into or the fuel siphoned out if it looks like it has been there more than a day or two.
    Are you a company driver or own your truck? If a company driver, they probably don't want the truck sitting, exposed at a truck stop for a long period of time.
    Best to find a storage place near your home town where you can leave your PV parked and then leave the truck/trailer parked there while you are off. A much more secure location than some truck stop.
    The money you pay for the parking should be reimbursed by your company, if they don't have a specified place for you to leave the truck.
    If you are an owner, the parking is tax deductible and much more secure.

Ezrider_48501, crb and MachoCyclone Thank this.
  8. 19d

19d Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Sanford NC
    Park it in the apartment complex.. I'm sure it will fit :)

crb and BigTennOTR Thank this.
  9. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    You need to ask the truck stop.Some will some won't.I'm confused why would you wanna leave your vehicle there?

10. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    Find a storage lot that has a security gate and allows for storing large vehicles and campers, then park your car there while gone.

crb Thanks this.
  11. Kyle G.

Kyle G. Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Eastern Iowa
    Truckers law states you can park anywhere you want for as long as you want as long as you have your 4-ways on.

Seriously though, I would try to find a better parking place. Try finding a small hole in the wall trucking company somewhere nearby that will let you park there.

Lucy in the Sky, pattyj and tscottme Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.