Part 2 Interviewed Houston Community College CDL School

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Sly48, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Benefits690

Benefits690 Bobtail Member

Aug 24, 2012
    One last question to all: I have 1 speeding ticket on my driver licence. It happened about 18 months ago (March 2011). I did not fight it. My drving record states "speeding equal to or greater than 10% above the posted speed limit". Will this ticket be a problem from being hired after CDL? It is my only ticket as I know in 10 years.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Sly48

Sly48 Light Load Member

Jun 28, 2012
    Houston, Tx
    If you browse the internet and search out the companies you are interested in, they usually have the requirements on their website. I don't think you will have a problem with only one ticket. Most say no more than 3 within the last year or two, etc.

4. Benefits690

Benefits690 Bobtail Member

Aug 24, 2012
    Hy Sly,
    Thanks for your reply. I truly appreciate your input. Can you tell me why you select Prime for your first company? Is it because they have the best offer? Also what other company have offered you the entry level position?

Again Thank you

5. Shane2006

Shane2006 Bobtail Member

Apr 6, 2017
    The only thing I don't like about HCC CDL is the waiting period. Apparently if you don't have the money. You have to wait until the school can afford to let you in. I have wanted and still want to have a CDL and i have been waiting since December last year. Some people I hear have been waiting longer than that. All my friends and family who have gone to other schools for other degrees, have told me that they never heard of a waiting list. I'm sure the school CDL training is great. I'm sure I'll love it. I just wished I wasn't so broke so i didn't have to wait to get in.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Go with a trucking company school such as Contract Freighters Inc. (www.cfidrive.com)
    There's also FFE (Frozen Food Express) and Raider Express.
    Contract Freighters Inc. provides meals and lodging during school and maybe the others do; call and ask.
    Celadon has meals & lodging during their cdl school in Laredo.
    All those companies provide free transportation from Houston to their school.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
  7. Cookiemonster23

Cookiemonster23 Bobtail Member

May 7, 2020
    Anybody knows if Hcc or Lonestar do hair follicle or urine test?????

8. Cookiemonster23

Cookiemonster23 Bobtail Member

May 7, 2020
    Does anybody know how Hcc or Lonestar drug test. Hair or piss??

9. CDL1989

CDL1989 Bobtail Member

Dec 30, 2020
    They do DOT testing which is only urinalysis for now. However private companies for hiring purposes can and do use hair follicle testing. So per state is urinalysis but companies can use hair follicle for hiring.

10. Goldenfan

Goldenfan Heavy Load Member

Apr 8, 2013
    WI
    Why do you need to ask? Did you quit using or just quitting to pass the test?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.