Passed 2 out of 3 parts of road test. Class A

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Jcris4991, Jan 13, 2018.

1. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Your best off doing some more training by the looks as you've failed your test because either your trainer did not prepare you well enough for the test or you never paid any attention to what he was teaching you, I'm more inclined to think he just never prepared you well enough I'm assuming you had a trainer, all trainers should be able to tell whether your ready to pass the test by quite simply taking you for a trial run and checking to see if your doing things right e.g. do you check for traffic when you cross an intersection controlled by traffic lights, how well do you go around corners, what speed do you go before taking an off ramp, not doing so good at these every day tasks will evidently get you enough points deducted to make you not pass your driving test.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tonhao

Tonhao Bobtail Member

Feb 28, 2018
    Hello Brandon...
    In my situation: I failed the pre trip on the first try. On the second try I passed up to the road test. Due to a Homeless crossing the street waaay late and arguing with his imaginary friend, left me in the middle of the street trying to make a left turn; the light turns red and he still in the cross walk talking to his friend. Long story short, the DMV guy says that I committed to a turn endangering a pedestrian. He says that I could have predicted his behavior, hence, a critical mistake. Anyways, how sure are you that only a road test is required? I could not find anything in the manual. If I find out a hard fact I will post it.

Thanks a bunch in advance. And keep on Trucking.

4. BrandonCDLdriver

BrandonCDLdriver Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Well I'm pretty sure considering I got my CDL in LA. Laws may have changed in the last few years, but I overheard the instructors many times telling students that they only had to retake the part they missed. But if you failed the pre trip, then on the subsequent attempt failed the road test, you might have to take all 3 parts. I never talked to anyone about failing something twice in a row.

5. Tonhao

Tonhao Bobtail Member

Feb 28, 2018
    Brandon Thanks for the reply.
    Well, it happened in two days. I failed the trip inspection on the first day and on the second attempt on another day i failed the road test (Psychotic pedestrian event). I am assuming that I will have to do the road test alone on another day. I am assuming because it would be like on the written tests; If I fail 1 out of the 3 or more written test I only retake the one that I failed.

I cant find anywhere written in the DMV book and or concrete information on the internet, so I am hoping someone knows. Thanks in advance. Brandon.

6. Tonhao

Tonhao Bobtail Member

Feb 28, 2018
    Hello Allow Me.
    I have failed the road test in the DMV office of Gardena, CA (Los Angeles County) I am assuming that I will only retake the road test again and not the whole pritrip, back and road tests. Could you please help? I am also assuming that your students had similar if not identical experience as mine.

Thank you in Advance.
    Tony

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.