Passed a Level one, random roadside inspection, but still assessed CSA points?

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Silverbeard, Mar 8, 2023.

1. ‘Olhand

‘Olhand Cantankerous Crusty

Jan 18, 2011
    Your company should already be a member..,but You can create an account also...
    Disputing CVSA violations
    DataQs

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Silverbeard

Silverbeard Bobtail Member

Aug 2, 2017
    Houston TX
    I already logged in and checked my report. As of today there is nothing in there. I will check again in a few weeks and see if it is in there and go from there....

4. Scalemaster

Scalemaster Heavy Load Member

Mar 13, 2011
    Midwest
    It depends on your definition of "passed".
    If you had violations, but were not put out of service and shut down on the spot, that is one definition of "passed".
    Just because you had one minor light violation, that does not mean you did not pass the inspection. In fact, if the inspector had CVSA decals you would have qualified for one. Sounds to me like you "passed".

5. Scalemaster

Mar 13, 2011
    Midwest
    What is there to dispute?
    Either the light was working at the time of the inspection or it was not. If it was not, no change is necessary on the inspection.

6. Silverbeard

Silverbeard Bobtail Member

Aug 2, 2017
    Houston TX
    I am being told that because it was listed on the form that I will have CSA points assigned to me record in spite of the officer stating that I "passed"...That is what Im confused about. Im not disputing the faulty light....Im confused why he would say I passed, shouldve gotten a decal, etc....

The Railsplitter Thanks this.
  7. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Well, the company will get CSA points. As a driver you never get any points, but it will be listed on your PSP report.

Siinman, tscottme and The Railsplitter Thank this.
  8. ‘Olhand

Jan 18, 2011
    I do not believe there is Anything to dispute
    BUT the op asked “How do I dispute this?”
    I just pointed him in that direction

Siinman Thanks this.
  9. ‘Olhand

Jan 18, 2011
    Once again none of us knows why he would have said that???
    Truth is a CVSA decal is for the equipment and not the driver.....and with an Equipment violation listed...a decal cannot(should not) be issued

10. Scalemaster

Mar 13, 2011
    Midwest
    Even if there are violations, as long as they are not "critical inspection items" a CVSA decal can still be issued.
    "Critical vehicle inspection items associated with the following systems, devices, components, items or parts will result in the commercial motor vehicle being placed out of service: brake systems; cargo securement; coupling devices; driveline/driveshaft; driver's seat (missing); exhaust systems; frames; fuel systems; lighting devices (headlamps, tail lamps, stop lamps, turn signals and lamps/ flags on projecting loads); steering mechanisms; suspensions; tires; van and open-top trailer bodies; wheels, rims and hubs; windshield wipers."

Feedman, Long FLD, beastr123 and 5 others Thank this.
  11. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

A fault of any required item listed in the violation section is a violation with regards to your company's CSA score and your PSP.

Siinman and The Railsplitter Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.