Passed full Level 1 and got a sticker for the windshield

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by otterinthewater, Oct 16, 2018.

1. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Right, and one always does well to help keep it that way by having their crap together. That’s why I get a little annoyed when I see defects on trucks in the yard.

magoo68 and Lepton1 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Accidental Trucker

Accidental Trucker Road Train Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Had a driver that was a little lackadaisical about inspections, and usually had one or two nit picky violations. Then he got a clean level one, and magically, all the pre-pass sites lit him green.

$100 for a clean inspection didn't motivate him, but those green bypass lights made him a believer. He hasn't had a violation since...

And for the record, it took me 8 years to get my first clean level 1 (only had three in 8 years, but still...).

otterinthewater, MACK E-6 and Lepton1 Thank this.
  4. GoldDot40

GoldDot40 Light Load Member

Jul 20, 2018
    Athens, GA
    Not to get too far off topic, but I had that problem on one of my trailers. Chased it and chased it. Ended up being a worn out pigtail plug. Running lights never "flickered"...but if the the ABS pin has the slightest break in current, the ABS light will come on. Try a new pigtail cord and see if the issue goes away.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  5. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    Done THAT already. It's somewhere in the trailer ABS unit. I can hook to any other trailer, on a power only basis, and never have an issue.

It's in my trailer. I may need to strip off major sections of wiring and rewire the sonofabitch, or grenade that ABS and install a system that can stand up to driving off paved roads.

6. otterinthewater

otterinthewater Road Train Member

May 10, 2018
    Santa Barbara, Ca

I find that selling the annoying trailer or whatever and getting a new one always seems to fix the problem, and it’s about the same amount of work as running down ABS wiring. LOL

Price might be a tad more. LOL

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  7. GoldDot40

GoldDot40 Light Load Member

Jul 20, 2018
    Athens, GA
    Also check the female recepticle on the trailer itself. Seen them with excessive wear that would cause the same issue as the pigtail cord being worn out.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  8. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    Yep. I'm canoodling whether selling my 48' spread axle flatbed and buying a 3 axle step deck will make business sense. This morning I spent a good 15 minutes Jonesing over a 3 axle Benton in the row ahead of me. I stopped slobbering and got back in my truck when I noticed the driver giving me the stink eye in the rear view.

otterinthewater Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.