Passed My 1st DOT Physical Today

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by keelady, Dec 4, 2006.

1. Tricky Dick

Tricky Dick Bobtail Member

Oct 10, 2006
    Platteville, CO
    Just a quick note on the Haz Mat background check. I was fingerprinted last Tues. , 11/28 and I was approved on Fri. 12/1. The results are sent to you by mail and is sent electronically to the DMV where you got your CDL permit or license. You can find out status by calling TSA at 1-877-429-7746.
    Good Luck driving Keelady

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Scarecrow03

Scarecrow03 Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2006
    In Your Head
    Congrats Keelady!!! I know this is something you have been anticipating ever since I joined this forum a few months ago. Glad to hear you did as good as u did. You will be fine and I'm sure you'll make a great PROFESSIONAL truck driver. Just remember, (please direct your attention to my signature)....

4. keelady

keelady Light Load Member

Tip, I'm flattered that you thought I was already driving. I've been treading the waters very carefully to decide how and where to get training, without having to pay through the nose. Along the way, I've picked up some very valuable knowledge about the industry -- from this board and from riding along and talking with my roommate. I feel confident that I am well prepared for life on the road, and am well informed about the things to look out for -- mostly from the help of people here on this board. The wealth of knowledge and information, as well as the support here is an extremely valuable tool and I would like to thank everyone here for their participation. The school I'm going to isn't top notch -- it's not much better than a mill, but, what I have learned is that the schools teach you the mechanics of driving, you learn the rest out there on the road with a trainer. My trainer will be my roommate -- someone I know well, trust completely and who always has my back (as I do his). He will not allow me to do anything dangerous while on the road, and he has spoken with his company and they understand that we will be running pretty much like he is now, until he and I are both confident in my ability to run as a full member of a team. I have read the horror stories about trainers, training companies and feel fortunate that I can go into this knowing that I will have a strong support system. Of course, I will keep you all posted on my progress as I know from experience that even a post that may seem insignificant to me, may be important information for someone else. Once again -- thanks:smt038

5. Ski

Ski Bobtail Member

May 31, 2008
    Homestead,Fl
    Just wanted to say Im in the same boat, I want to be a truck driver but I might need back surgery. I think that I will wait awhile to see what the outcome is,anyway good luck.

6. tibsen

tibsen Bobtail Member

Jan 18, 2009
    jacksonville florida
    When a driver gets hired on by a company, they will probably have to take a physical with them. Do they look in your throat during that physical. I have a reason for asking.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.