Passed my Class A!

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by cncking2000, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
    WesternPlains Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
  4. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    I'm the top one...I'm literally the short bus driver of the beverage industry lol. As far as the bottom one...I would just start running....and never ever stop lol.

sevenmph, WesternPlains and Chinatown Thank this.
  5. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    As far as what to expect with those trucks you need to look and see what the bottler in your area uses. The top truck is a gate delivery truck with rd pallets which is much less work than running a sideloader like the bottom one. Pay can vary from bottler to bottler but we start guys we train or fresh out of school at $21/hr and if you listen to ttr logic we are all poor and nobody makes any money in Florida so you should expect a lot more lol. If you want to end up local try to start local and if you want to run otr try to start otr. They don't mesh well as far as experience. I thought about trying otr and @Chinatown recommended some great companies but 15 years with a CDL local and none of the companies look at that as experience because you need a totally different skill set. Same goes with local, the longer someone has run otr the less likely we are to hire them. Otr you gotta be able to plan days ahead where local you need to plan hours ahead.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.