Passed TMC's 3-week CDL orient, today I head out for OTR training

Discussion in 'TMC' started by Farva, Jan 27, 2019.

1. WinchBarHero

WinchBarHero Light Load Member

Apr 10, 2015
    TMC's bounce is 20 cpm of all empty miles over 150 miles.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Farva

Farva Light Load Member

Oct 23, 2018
    South Dakota
    20 or 40, lol, like it matters.

Nobody getting rich from either.

4. WinchBarHero

Apr 10, 2015
    Nothing is by chance and there is a method to the madness. Doing good on your macro's like oor, mpg etc is good, but your income is ultimately determined by your revenue to the truck. And the factors that play in that are primarily from your fleet manager. If you have good macros youll gain favor from your fm. Every fleet manager sees the same freight on the load board and dispatches drivers to that freight based on their proximity to that load. Once you get empty there may be 2 loads, both 40 miles from you. 1 load pays $1.45 a mile, and onother may pay $2.10 a mile. If your on good terms with your fm you have a better chance of getting the $2.10 a mile load, and maybe your fm will give the $1.45 load to another less favored driver on his board. The most important thing in making money with TMC is staying out usually. I got a friend who lived in Oklahoma and was staying out 3 weeks at a time averaging $3200 to the truck, which is a joke. He ended up firing his fm and brought his 13 week up $4200 in the course of a month or so, and is still doing good.

Speed_Drums Thanks this.
  5. WinchBarHero

Apr 10, 2015
    TWIC cards are used at ports of entry, there are a handful of them throughout the u.s. If you pick up or deliver a load at a port of entry without a twic card, you usually pay $80, and then send in your receipt to get riembursed. You get I think an extra 2 points on your snap shot for having a twic, youll hardly ever use it, maybe once a year, but I would think its a good thing to have anyways, like another feather in the hat. I think you can get a twic card at your local tsa office, but there hours are usually weird like 10am to 2pm tues-thurs, so Ive heard.

6. Farva

Farva Light Load Member

Oct 23, 2018
    South Dakota

All true!

IMG_0642.jpg

McUzi Thanks this.
  7. WinchBarHero

Apr 10, 2015
    $2645 gross based on 32% is around $8200 in revenue to the truck for that week which is entirely not reality. There are several possibilities:
    1. This is a recruiting head fake to trick potential drivers into thinking their going to make $2600 a week, which you wont.
    2. This is a screen shot from an owner operator who did about $3500 or so in revenue to the truck that week.
    3. You cashed out 1 week of vacation which was added to your regular pay.

Most solo drivers who go home weekly will do anywhere from 44k to 70k max per year, depending on where they live. Drivers who run greater than 6 weeks consistantly *can* do up to 85k max yearly. Trainer who train consistantly and stay out can hit 90k or more but likely under 100k. I dislike deception.

TrooperCat and INRUT Thank this.
  8. Farva

Farva Light Load Member

Oct 23, 2018
    South Dakota

Man, reading comprehension isn’t your strong suit, is it haha. I started with TMC in January. Wrapped-up training in February. Have been 33% since my first snap in April. (Posted my snap a few pages back)

I’d be pissed if that’s all I was making as an o/o.

Are you a driver for tmc? It’s not that hard to make this money, you just have to stay out, which is exactly what I’ve done since feb.

Most people are cucked up with a wife/kids/bills/somebody eles kids to stay out and make this money with exception of Tom (boat hoe), but linehaul...all day long.

*lol at somebody’s else’s screenshot and recruiting conspiracies. Who goes around making up numbers that other drivers also make!? It’s not as if I’m the first ever to make this kind of money. I hopefully won’t be the last.

McUzi Thanks this.
  9. WinchBarHero

Apr 10, 2015
    "Other drivers" dont not run 8k per week in revenue. The freight to support that revenue at 33% doesnt even exist unless your doing heavy haul with another driver in the truck with you. This isnt a question of what TMC pays, its a question of does the freight exist to support 8k a wk in revenue in todays soft freight market. It does not as a solo driver in linehaul regardless how long you stay out.

TrooperCat Thanks this.
  10. Farva

Farva Light Load Member

Oct 23, 2018
    South Dakota

Well, they asked me if I wanted to attend train the trainer and I let them know there was no incentive for me to have a second clock in my truck. I’m already making as much if not more than most trainers.

But you seem like either a current or former tmc driver, but in either case, disgruntled. I’d agree there is no money to be made going home each weekend and it amazes me what drivers value their weekend home time at, while simultaneously complaining about not making any money.

But I’m sending across the country every week and couldn’t be more impressed with what I’ve managed to make in my 6-months OTR.

Sitting at the bar of a fine steak house enjoying a beautiful wet-aged ribeye steak enjoying the hell out of the fruits of my labor.

Cheers!

PS...8 pallets of parts (untarped 6200lbs) out of Flexco to Fruitland, NM pays $4500 TTT. A sweet Monday morning delivery.

McUzi and Speed_Drums Thank this.
  11. INRUT

INRUT Medium Load Member

Aug 21, 2016
    I’m not with TMC, but a single driver dispatched properly can easily do 8k plus weekly. Only thing misleading is one only posts large #’s & people assume that’s every week, which it is not.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.