Passed TMC's 3-week CDL orient, today I head out for OTR training

Discussion in 'TMC' started by Farva, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Farva

Farva Light Load Member

Oct 23, 2018
    South Dakota

I don't see any reason to jump ship then, based on this info, other than it's nice to have a quiet truck.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. keebler13579

keebler13579 Heavy Load Member

Nov 16, 2012
    Ive been interested in flatbed for a while. Like I said I like to know whats out there for if this gig goes south. Makes it easier and faster to find something else

4. Farva

Farva Light Load Member

Oct 23, 2018
    South Dakota
    A lot of freight for flatbed out of every state...it's just that it could become cheaper freight as an attempt to get you back home by Friday.

5. tlee9795

tlee9795 Bobtail Member

Jan 9, 2019
    Looking into TMC myself. Have a question for you. Did u have a roommate while staying for training the 3 weeks?

6. Farva

Farva Light Load Member

Oct 23, 2018
    South Dakota
    Yup! A great guy. He left TMC after we graduated, but we still stay in contact about each others driving ventures.

He landed a local beer delivery gig paying $190/day and is done by 230pm each day. I'm kind of jealous.

Midlife Trucker and tlee9795 Thank this.
  7. TrooperCat

TrooperCat Bobtail Member

Feb 18, 2016
    Farva, are you running on re-cap, or doing a full 34 to 48 hr re-start to do that kind of gross?

8. Farva

Farva Light Load Member

Oct 23, 2018
    South Dakota
    TMC doesn't run recaps, at least on line-haul. You have to do a 34 each weekend, so you have a full clock by Sunday, and parked up at your consignee Sunday evening by 9pm local.

Midlife Trucker and TrooperCat Thank this.
  9. TrooperCat

Feb 18, 2016
    Nice to know. I am a 23 year veteran set to go through orientation beginning April 8th, and was VERY impressed by your gross earnings on your snapshot. Keep up the GREAT work!

10. Farva

Farva Light Load Member

Oct 23, 2018
    South Dakota
    I know TMC's CDL school is switching to full-autos, but they said around the summer time. Has your recruiter talked about that yet, or said you'll be training/testing in manuals?

11. TrooperCat

Feb 18, 2016
    She didn't indicate, however, I learned from your previous posts, that seemed to be the case. Personally, it doesn't matter to me either way. I do well in both, and honestly expect to get an auto upon completion of my orientation. Automatic transmissions, cameras and a whole other list of things are a sign of the times to where the industry has evolved (or DEvolved).

SuperRookie Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.