Passing of a good man

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by brian991219, Aug 8, 2023.

1. brian991219

brian991219 Road Train Member

Aug 10, 2013
    Lords Valley, PA
    My appologies for posting this so late after his passing but it slipped my mind to include the TTR family. A long time member here, @Ziggy319 passed away last Thursday, August 3rd after a long and corageous battle with cancer. Always an advocate for our industry and improving upon it, he will be missed by many including myself.

I had the pleasure of knowing him personally and professionally, even calling him out in his early years here on TTR when he posted aking why he couldn't find good drivers for his company. We had a rough start when he owned his repo company and I was a transporter picking up there several times a week. To be blunt he was quite the arse back then, although once I called him out and got to know him on a personal level he was a great guy with a heart of gold.

He helped me grow my consulting company and advocacy work beyond anywhere I believed possible. It is safe to say I will miss his phone calls pushing me to do better and grow. For those that drink, toast him with a glass of Jack, which was his favorite, and be thankful there are still a few more folks like him fighting to help this industry survive.

His services are tonight, see link here. Sigmund "Ziggy" Keller Obituary - Minoa, NY | R.H. Schepp & Son Minoa Chapel

Hulld, Diesel Dave, Tropsnart and 17 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

4. 88 Alpha

88 Alpha Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    bullhaulerswife, Banker, tbac and 3 others Thank this.
  5. Otr Traveler

Otr Traveler Light Load Member

Nov 19, 2020
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.