Pay,Risk and Talent

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Hopsing59, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Hopsing59

Hopsing59 Bobtail Member

Nov 5, 2018
    Does every Driver think that the driving position that we apply for , For $1000.00 -$1250.00 a week is enough for the responsibilities that we have? I don’t think so . For example why should a heavy equipment operator get $40.00 an hour to move dirt with small risk of going to jail or getting killed when we as drivers have to bring the equipment to them , With all the risk described above ,Granted we don’t move dirt but our lives and freedom are at stake to get it there whether it’s Heavy Equipment or General freight . Come on now who’s getting used here for thier talent and Professionalism ??

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

If a driver show up for work he must think the pay is good enough. Soldiers make a lot less money and assume a lot more risk. You decide for you. 1st year regional jet airline pilots are making half of what a Swift driver makes. And they don't get free coffee.

4. Hopsing59

Hopsing59 Bobtail Member

Nov 5, 2018
    It seems you are misunderstanding the thread as posted so it seems that you might be a novice driver.

5. mpd240

mpd240 Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2011
    Minnesota
    I can't complain about my pay. I would like to make more but Ive felt that way everyplace I've worked. I make less now than my last job but I am working less and home everyday. So, if I don't like the money I can go somewhere else and so can you.

I had a forklift driver complain to me that he was making 14 dollars an hour. He was pissed because to attract new employees the company he was working for was hiring new forklift and drivers at 13.75 per hr. He didn't think they should make so much since he had been there several years and had worked his way up to 14 per hour. He was poor forklift operator and wasn't worth 14 if you ask me.

Some people aren't worth what they think they are. If your a top hand the pay will come. Maybe not where your at but somebody will. Goodluck.

stwik Thanks this.
  6. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Seems like he responded very clearly and on point to the post or is it you just want to hear what you want to hear?

7. Hopsing59

Hopsing59 Bobtail Member

Nov 5, 2018
    Thank you for your reply and I don’t disagree so let us hear some more inputs from our fellow drivers.

8. towmantater

towmantater Light Load Member

Nov 9, 2018
    Well no... That's how jobs work. If you accept the pay and conditions, you show up to work. If not, you don't. If I tell you I'll give you $100 guys to kick some guys arse, and you do it, you accepted the risks that come with that. If you don't think the risks are worth it, you don't do it.

9. Hopsing59

Hopsing59 Bobtail Member

Nov 5, 2018
    That’s what companies are counting on mentalities like that maybe the risk of life and freedom should be considered before performing the position that might take a life or jeopardize your freedom.

10. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    This year I’ll break $90K. Home in my bed 70 nights, plus 3 weeks vacation. Just reading that alone some folks will say that’s a great deal. If people New the rest of the story they’d call me nuts. I do.

11. Hopsing59

Hopsing59 Bobtail Member

Nov 5, 2018
    Well let us hear it maybe you can set a example.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.