people ask How much, i want to know WHEN do you tax yourself?

Discussion in 'Trucker Taxes and Truck Financing' started by Tripp_84, Jun 24, 2018.

1. SixShooterTransport

SixShooterTransport Light Load Member

Mar 4, 2018
    Also, I understand what you were saying about taking fixed and variable costs out of a load, but that’s just general information for you to use when deciding what rates you’ll accept. You can figure out your Cost Per Mile and decide you won’t run for any less than $X but that’s not how you pay your bills. You won’t run a 750 mile trip over two days and then send a check to your truck finance company for $37, you’ll make one monthly payment. Therefore, you have to organize your Profit & Loss Statement on a monthly basis.

Sorry for over-explaining. I don’t mean to offend anyone or appear to be talking down, just have a habit of making sure I get my point across without any confusion. Must be all those years of being a restaurant manager before I started driving, lol.

NightWind and Tripp_84 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tripp_84

Tripp_84 Bobtail Member

Jun 24, 2018
    Las Vegas

that makes a lot more since. I wasn't really looking at it from an actual business owner perspective i think. i was just seeing what the load paid. How much gas money i was use and long with other costs and then trying to figure out how to pay taxes with that. Like you said it shouldn't be done by the load. thanks a lot for the repsonses

4. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    I just want to know how to get rich?
    Not make $1000 a minute but real solid advice on building wealth?
    Is there posts on this?

NightWind Thanks this.
  5. SixShooterTransport

Mar 4, 2018
    248D7106-4066-4389-A5E9-A150252DFE12.jpeg
    Start by reading that book and go from there. It’s not a “plan” or a “get rich quick” scheme. Just a new way to look at building wealth that you may not have thought of before. It’s also available as an audiobook via Audible.

Oldironfan Thanks this.
  6. SixShooterTransport

Mar 4, 2018
    No problem @Tripp_84. If you need any help in the future feel free to PM me or post again here

7. win-some-loose-less

win-some-loose-less Medium Load Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Mount Vernon tx
    I throw $200 a week into my Uncle Sam account.. it isn’t the “right” way of doing it but it is what works for me.. end of year have 9-10k sitting there depending on how many weeks I take off.. I refuse to pay quarterly also.. but then again it is what works for me..

Oldironfan Thanks this.
  8. mover man

mover man Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2010
    Who is we?? Inquiring minds want to no.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.