People who like to experiment with microphones

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by rabbiporkchop, May 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bored silly

bored silly Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2016
    They all suck . The MOUNTS THAT IS.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bored silly

Jul 1, 2016
    Yeah it's 40" tall pole mount and it's more stable then anything else out here. For a crapcadia. The 27" shaft predator deal on a mirror mount is a JOKE

EZ Money Thanks this.
  4. bored silly

Jul 1, 2016
    Sorry but Craig's radio sounds like a radio. Not hearing the phenomenal part of it. What mic is on his radio. I've got 3 astatic flag changed to a rubber cord. Original Road king completely reworked and a Sra 198. The Sra out outperforms all of them HANDS DOWN

EZ Money Thanks this.
  5. EZ Money

EZ Money Road Train Member

The Ranger SRA 198 is my favorite of all the brands. Super clean audio!

rabbiporkchop and bored silly Thank this.
  6. bored silly

Jul 1, 2016
    Exactly and theirs no batteries in it. THATS A JOKE IN A MIC

EZ Money Thanks this.
  7. Happyfeet

Happyfeet Light Load Member

Jul 22, 2011
    Sioux Falls SD
    Technically you see more on a digital scope though because you can do captures of a sweep and move your cursor around to measure it. Im too young to know this but can analog scopes even pause a capture for analysis?

8. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Trace storage is an extra feature available on some analog storage oscilloscopes.
    I've never seen multiple frequencies at Different amplitudes Simultaneously visible on a digital scope before but you can see that type of stuff on a CRT analog scope

Last edited: May 20, 2017
  9. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Well Rabbi, when I started in this stuff, I used a Heathkit 5 mhz scope and a demodulate/rf tap to see waveforms up to the 6 meter band through the direct connection to the plates on a scope that don't need to to be compensated for the frequency.

Anyone with some sense can setup the scope to analyze a AM envelope to see where the positive and negative peaks are and what distortion is being produced, which seems to be lacking by you and others who claim to know what they are talking about.

By the way, thanks for all the entertainment, my contacts at Textronix thought it was amusing, although they asked the same thing I ask, what in the hell are you guys trying to see, the amplitude of the wave form to come up with an accurate measurement of the RF envelope or just the wave form to look for distortion?

10. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    It kind of sounds like you and Mike Bialecki come from the same school of thought. That's pretty admirable and I'm sure you guys know a lot. In my personal experience guys like you were incapable of tuning a radio to my liking, although the same technicians had the most book smarts and were very good at doing repairs and troubleshooting.
    part of tuning a radio is altering the frequency response which the textbook guys rarely do and once you do that the AMC circuit has to be reengineered and you have to change the attack time.
    The textbook guys do a fine job at a factory service alignment. When they try to get fancy with HiFi audio they seem to get themselves in trouble.
    There's nothing wrong with textbook work for most people it's just not my thing. I enjoy driving and conversing with people that have high-dollar ham equipment and being able to demonstrate that I can carry on a conversation with someone that their expensive equipment is incapable of hearing. I also enjoy being accused of sitting in a base station talking on a heil pr40 while the guy on the Icom 7000 is being told that his radio sounds less-than-desirable.
    all the best technicians in the country know each other and I've been to all of them within that group of people and only one of them has been able to give me what I want although I suspect somewhere in some other country there might be some genius that does similar work but the odds of that person being you are pretty astronomical. I'd love to see what you're capable of doing with that Anytone at-6666.

11. bored silly

Jul 1, 2016
    Ive heard cobra 29 radios that sound like a base station. Don't know who worked on their radios DIDNT ASK but whoever worked on those radios knew what the HELL they were doing !!!!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.