People who like to experiment with microphones

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by rabbiporkchop, May 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Stop with the bs rabbi, if you know who I am and who I know, which you mentioned a couple names before, and you ask them they would tell you that you are full of it.

I am not here to sell my services, nor make sales for someone or anything else, I am here to help.

I don't promote someone as the best tech in the world, there is no such thing. I feel being a shill for someone takes away from all of the other things you do.

So stop with the bs, get over yourself with this crap can't tune a radio the way you like.

davew48 and bored silly Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bored silly

bored silly Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2016
    BOUT TIME TO END EVERYTHING ABOUT HARDRIVE MARK SHERMAN AKA FINE TUNE. EVERYONE HAS HEARD ENOUGH ABOUT HIM TO DETERMINE IF THEY WANT THE MAN TO WORK ON THEIR RADIOS OR NOT. NO ONE SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO PROMOTE ANY CB TECH ON HERE THE WAY ITS BEING DONE..... NO ONE ELSE ON THIS FORUM IS SPEAKING UP OR SAYING WHAT AWESOME EVERYTHING THAT TECH DOES BUT ONE PERSON !!!!!

davew48 Thanks this.
  4. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    "Stop with the bs rabbi, if you know who I am and who I know, which you mentioned a couple names before, and you ask them they would tell you that you are full of it."

That is an opinion.

"I am not here to sell my services, nor make sales for someone or anything else, I am here to help."

Agreed.

"I don't promote someone as the best tech in the world, "

True.

"there is no such thing."

Opinion.

" I feel being a shill for someone takes away from all of the other things you do."

You are entitled to feel that way.

"So stop with the bs, get over yourself with this crap can't tune a radio the way you like."

If you had the capability, you would find the Anytone AT-6666 a pleasure to use, but by your own admission you don't like it.
    (Which tells me you haven't been able to overcome certain design flaws.)

Show me the bs. Does this sound pleasant to the ears? Common sense would say no, but delusional Dave says yes.

I suspect you take some pride in your station and would feel shame if your rig sounded like this.

Last edited: May 20, 2017
  5. bored silly

Jul 1, 2016
    Man talk about distortion and static and garbled crap. Somebody should shoot the guy who did the work on that equipment

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  6. rabbiporkchop

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Just out of curiosity what would 3 nonlinear stages look like On a digital scope? Namely the buffer, pre-driver, and driver stages. I'm wondering if you'd be able to see something like this? Since most good technicians follow a service manual and adjust bias voltage to a predetermined level specified in the book, and then call it good ( then blame the manufacturer for making junk instead of accepting responsibility for their inability to make the appropriate adjustments in a precision manner ) and since this guy doesn't use a book or service manual and makes those adjustments for each individual stage to be whatever they need to be in order to make all three stages completely linear to eliminate all of that IMD, ( even if it becomes necessary to change a resistor value 10 times per stage to accomplish the desired voltage )
    I wonder how many other technicians do it the same way? downloadfile-1.png

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
  7. rabbiporkchop

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    It looks like digital Scopes have come a long way in the last 17 years. I had no idea you could get a scope with a display like this one ..
    1499486618153.jpg
    wave2.jpg

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
  8. davew48

davew48 Light Load Member

May 24, 2016
    Wyoming, Pennsylvania
    Your only agreeing now cause your beloved mark Sherman got a new scope yesterday and made a video. Lol wow
    Sad you never change.

9. davew48

davew48 Light Load Member

May 24, 2016
    Wyoming, Pennsylvania
    Scot recorded my stock alinco sr8t in that video they are horrible on am. Mr record everyone make fun of everyone has no clue what he is even listening to.
    Here is my tuned 2970 from mikes radio Repair
    I think it sounds fine

10. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    What?

I thought you had a digital scope and made the comparison yourself?

OH I get it, instead of actually going out and buying a good one, you depend on others to show you.

I still think anyone who makes the comment that a digital scope can't see what an CRT sees is an IDIOT no matter what others say to defend them.

By the way got a guy over at Textronix called me a couple weeks back, he thinks some of you need lessons on how to use a scope. He and his colleagues read this thread and saw the videos (and a few others on youtube, came to the conclusion that after an accumulation of 250 years of working on/with scopes and their designs with hundreds of customers, you and your techs don't know how the hell to use one right.

davew48 and bored silly Thank this.
  11. bored silly

Jul 1, 2016
    Like I didn't already know That LOL

davew48 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.