PepsiCo

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Pepsiguy77, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Pepsiguy77

Pepsiguy77 Bobtail Member

Aug 16, 2016
    Very true, once I was done with training and I was on my own it was a eye opening experience. But idk what happen something clicked. U usually start at 4:45am and their are days Im done by 11:30. It's true once you get it down its like riding a bike.

Dumdriver Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dumdriver

Dumdriver Road Train Member

Jul 8, 2014
    East Coast
    Yeah, you just gotta make it to the point that it clicks for you. Once that happens it's gravy. Honestly, most guys give up before they reach that point- which is understandable. Like I said, it's overwhelming

4. Getsinyourblood

Getsinyourblood Road Train Member

Jul 5, 2014
    Retired. North Texas
    Hi @Pepsiguy77 . I heard Pepsi had a pretty rough pre-employment drug screen. Is it true?

COKE.jpg

G13Tomcat and Pepsiguy77 Thank this.
  5. Pepsiguy77

Aug 16, 2016
    I
    I love this picture ha. I want to print it and hang it in the drivers room haha

Getsinyourblood Thanks this.
  6. Pepsiguy77

Aug 16, 2016
    I've been on light duty, and we are a small plant. So we have alot of drivers who call off. And usually my managers have me drive and they deliver and do everything else. I also work the hand held. Is cool because when the bulk drivers are short staffed I get to do bulk and I've gotten to deliver to the buffalo bills stadium a couple times. Yea I'm hourly currently. I make $19.40 an hour and overtime after forty hours.

7. MCribbs

MCribbs Light Load Member

Aug 14, 2013
    It was ridiculous. Id show up in my personal car, walk the whole floor to see what needed restocking, write everything down that needed restocking. Then go in the back and see if we had it. Then dig it all out, put it on a 4 wheel cart or hand truck and start restocking. It would take hours to do a completely thorough job on one store and they'd usually give me 8, sometimes 10. Where as a Coke merchandiser would get 3 or 4 stores. But that's cause Coke is smart and Kalil are idiots.

8. Pepsiguy77

Aug 16, 2016
    It's true are merchandisers are definitely over worked. See if I have a get a drop(the manager allows every driver to pick a stop that's a merch stop and just have us drop it and the merchandiser takes care of it) their doing us a favor so I'll take the time and stack everything accordingly. Alot of drivers don't care which is ridiculous.

9. Dumdriver

Jul 8, 2014
    East Coast
    You need to get on your shop steward about that for the next contract. You should be WELL over $25 per hour and OT after 8 (and 40 of course).

10. Dumdriver

Jul 8, 2014
    East Coast
    What's Kalil?

11. Pepsiguy77

Aug 16, 2016
    Well I'm a relief driver, so obviously when guys call off or sick vacation etc I take their route. Or if we're really heavy they make up routes to help guys out. For example I hate the North buffalo route. To many low bridges and traffic is a pain. after a few months they try to dispatch you in the same areas every week. But also their are days cause I'm the low man in the union I'll be extra help meaning I take a company pick up truck and follow sum drivers around and help them out.

If I do that on a Monday I'm paid hourly the rest of the week. But if I start Monday off with a route I'm paid commission

I hate hourly cause I basically run every stop so iose money basically

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.