Percent pay @ Landstar vs Schneider Choice

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by US MARINE, Jun 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fortycalglock

fortycalglock Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Tourist Town, FL
    So once again, a thread about Landstar gets stomped on and heavily recruited by Bill and his boys. I remember a short time back when a new enthusiastic Landstar agent, who doesn't recruit for Landstar, was banned, for being excited about his new job. I'd be ticked if I was OZR.

Bill, you've only had your authority for a year and a half, yet you think you have everything down pat. You don't even know what you don't know. I've corrected you a few times now on different matters, and you insist with this my guys make more hauling broker freight, which is a ludicrous notion for anyone with half a brain that can do math. If we're going to compare leases, at least start at 72% here, since your guys have to have or lease a trailer from you. You can also pretend Federal leasing regulations don't apply to you, but we all know the truth to that as well. If your guys aren't free to buy your required insurance on the ope market, it is illegal. Obviously they can not buy your liability insurance, they have to go through you.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
    LSAgentOZR Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BigBadBill

BigBadBill Bullishly Optimistic

Oct 2, 2010
    Chattanooga, TN
    Now Dice and I don't see eye-to-eye (Using him because they are both part of KRs minions). But I would sit down with Dice given the opportunity (you are buying ;)) The difference is, like me, when Dice makes a mistake or steps over the line he will take ownership. That is integrity. Far to busy to deal with a robot troll.

4. Autocar

Autocar Road Train Member

Apr 28, 2012
    The Hot Rod Shop Oxford, AL
    I'll email a crying towel to ya, just as soon as I get it unjammed from the scanner!

5. Autocar

Apr 28, 2012
    Like others, you and I have seen over the years, Bill is going to change the trucking world, dang the regs!
    BTW, he really does need two more trucks, according to his latest SMS report, he has 8 trailers, but only 6 trucks to pull them and together they ran all of 250,000 miles in 2011. 41,666 miles per year, per truck, now that's burning up the road! My kind of trucking.

6. US MARINE

US MARINE Heavy Load Member

Sep 15, 2011
    I can say 1 thing that KR people know ....

They Know : Micro-Blue ...

As to what else I'm not sure ..

7. US MARINE

US MARINE Heavy Load Member

Sep 15, 2011
    Cause as we all know .. If KR says by George it must be the truth .. Right ? Ask him 2 yrs ago about the Turbo 3000d ( I just can't see the data to suggest it works so I can't grasp the concept of how a tube increasing vilosity of fuel could do this - per KR. on radio ) swing 2 years and it's a sponsor ...
    2 things happened .. 1. He tested it and liked it and had them come on as a sponsor. Or 2. They threw money at him and he joined in the Turbo 3000d band wagon.

Now to bill saving the world ..

I don't think he has ever said he was the book of Psalms of trucking ..

He helps others to understand the value of a LEASE and just what VALUE is and shows you how to take the next step into your goal of being independent . Bill is set up two ways .. 1. He can incubate you into taking the next step . Or 2. He can teach you how to take control of your business and increase profits by learning industry trends and lanes .
    He does this by showing you the ropes and mistakes many drivers make when signing a new lease . His program is not a Traditional program . You receive all the support you need to get going on your own and if you want to take that leap he is there to help you and will be happy for you to

There are not allot of people like Bill left who are willing to help a person and I mean truly help a person succeed any more .

8. Autocar

Apr 28, 2012
    Rutherford can be quite entertaining. When you hear him tell a kid in an '86 359 with a Big Cam to check the charge air cooler and get a Pittsburgh Power Box, you know that you've found some good comedy, to listen to!

As to the non-tradititional lease, which version of that old song is playing, this month? In the 32 years since the Motor Carrier Act of 1980, I don't even need one hand to count up how many of those have succeeded. But, if you want to try it, go for it.

9. Autocar

Apr 28, 2012
    I've communicated with OZR. You're right, he is enthusiastic as all get out. Seen some of his rates and they haven't been bad. Haven't hauled for him as everything I've seen him post has either been too dang heavy, for me, or oversize, which I don't do.

10. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    There was only one truck for 2 maybe 3 quarters, one truck added afterwards that sat around the farm or hauled corn locally. Mine in Sept, no telling how many weeks I took off 4th quarter. Mike in Oct I think.... You know nothing about the company and make all sorts of accusations and slander us. I'm not paying cargo insurance and free to get my insurance anywhere I want. Quit making assumptions and slandering..

11. Autocar

Apr 28, 2012
    Just going by what the official Federal reports are showing, 8 trailers, 6 trucks, 6 drivers, 250,000 miles reported for 2011. That ain't slander, my boy, that is factual.
    Nice company website, too! It even gives commodities market reports, even though there is nothing else. But, if I wanted to know the price of corn, I can get it there.
    Only other things I know, well really don't know, but have read, is what Bill, you and your compadres have posted, on this and other threads.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.