Percent pay @ Landstar vs Schneider Choice

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by US MARINE, Jun 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fortycalglock

fortycalglock Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Tourist Town, FL
    o
    Where are thes malicious, false AND defamatory statements at? Slander lol! Last I checked, facts from SAFER aren't malicious, false, nor dafamatory. Bill has said himself he backcharges liability insurance, something you cannot buy operating under his authority.

Autocar Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Oscar the KW

Oscar the KW Going Tarpless

May 19, 2011
    Autocar I to believe Bill seems to be using the boards here for a recruiting tool. It is pretty obvious. However, I am interested to know how yourself just happened upon the scene here recently and have targeted Bill so quickly.

Autocar Thanks this.
  4. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    There were several slanderous comments go back and read the entire thread. Veiled comments about Bill and his company being shady and dishonest.

5. Autocar

Autocar Road Train Member

Apr 28, 2012
    The Hot Rod Shop Oxford, AL
    How long of a list would you like?
    Should I start with the fact that there are no charge backs, for expenses that are the carrier's responsibility?
    Is it the buying power of an 8000 truck fleet? Not only on fuel and tires, but communications services, equipment, new and used trucks, even factory direct new trailers (no dealer mark up involved) and more.
    Is it the fact that I never have to worry about being paid, in a timely manner? Even when a customer is slow or even non-paying.
    Is it the reliability and financial stability of a company with roots that go back longer than the 30 plus years, that I've been in this industry?
    Is it the top level management team, that have been in this industry for decades and keep us informed of trends and up coming industry and regulatory changes, so we can prepare for them?
    Is it the 1200 plus, proffessional sales people, both Agents and Corporate level, that get us prime freight?
    Is it the prime freight that those sales people, along with the solid reputation, get us that not only never shows up on a loadboard, but brokers and very few small carriers have access to? General Dynamics and Boeing (to only name two), do not want a three million dollar part sitting on some no-name's truck at a whorehouse in Nevada.
    Is it the fact that if an O/O has a major breakdown, including a blown motor, right when his/her finances may be low, they have the finances to help with the problem and get the O/O going again?
    These are just a few reasons, off the top of my head.

6. Autocar

Apr 28, 2012
    I got bored with some of the other forums that I'm a member of. Too much politics and too much moaning and groaning about the same old tripe. This is advertised as the biggest forum and a few friends recommended it. So I figured I'd have a look see.
    As to Bill, I've seen his posts at Rutherford's site, including the Landstar Group there. Nothing new to his posts, here.

7. Autocar

Apr 28, 2012
    You should find a dictionary and look up the definition of slander. If you did that, you would know that slander never pertains to the written word. The word you are looking for is libelous, which does pertain to the written word, but still does not apply to my opinions and questions.
    Questions about the honesty of his privately held company are not allowed, when he and his minions in turn question the reputation of the company I and others are associated with?
    BTW, I do nothing veiled. Too old to play those kiddy games.

BigKid2 Thanks this.
  8. LSAgentOZR

LSAgentOZR Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    I've personally got drop and hook freight that pays $2.50 - $3.00 a mile depending on where it goes. It's out there. The good paying freight is mixed in with the crap paying freight. I've got dedicated outbound opportunities that pay in the $1.80's + fuel. Most are regional with some being long haul. I'd be happy to talk with you on the phone if you like and give you more info that way. PM me if you're interested.

SHC and Autocar Thank this.
  9. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Thanks for schooling me. No-one bad mouthed your company all that was questioned was the large cut... You on the other hand are pretty much calling Bill a liar and a cheat.

10. Autocar

Apr 28, 2012
    I haven't called Bill a liar and a cheat, yet. But, after looking at his other recent business interests, I might be persuaded to do so!

11. US MARINE

US MARINE Heavy Load Member

Sep 15, 2011
    You make a strong aquasation right there ..

I think you might have went a little over board there ...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.