Percent pay @ Landstar vs Schneider Choice

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by US MARINE, Jun 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clasix1055

Clasix1055 Even when I'm wrong I'm right

Jan 26, 2012
    Toledo, Ohio
    I just want to say this nd then I am really done...you say Bill is biased against Landstar and is a salesman blah blah blah....why when I was waiting the 16 day period for my authority to be activated and talking to others about wich insurance to choose I was leaning towards OOIDA and Bill suggested I not make that move due to the fact I would be cut out from Landstar loads (because your beloved carrier does not accept OOIDA insurance...but you got all the choices) never did he try to push F2F or any other place he purchased a truck, trailer, insurance (i.e. Rutheford) We are all in business here and bounce ideas for discussion but your venom towards him is really confusing to me

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. US MARINE

US MARINE Heavy Load Member

Sep 15, 2011
    I guess what I failed to say after I read my own post is Percent is not as big of a factor as the Gross Line Haul and FSG being shown to the driver / company etc .. Now I do understand that if we are comparing apples to apples then yes obviously 90 is better than 60 ( again just a example ) but I've look at boards long enough to know that freight is bid by lanes & truck capacity or even volume of freight . So with that said some brokers will post different rates same lanes you got to pilfer through the trash .
    The ability to negotiate will help the Business Owner try to achieve what they feel is a good rate and the ability of negotiation is a valuable tool to have in your belt when the time comes .

But the main factor sometimes is gonna be . Where are you at in the country

4. US MARINE

US MARINE Heavy Load Member

Sep 15, 2011
    I was told this once by a old man and it somewhat obtains to this thread as a whole ..

"Sometimes you can lead a horse to water .. But he'd rather drink from the mud hole than the clear spring . "

Just a analogy but goes to say that really no one is wrong or right as far as company choices go . It's a decision that has to be made by the business owner .

5. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Keep telling yourself outside carriers are hauling your freight cheaper than you. Or hauling bad freight no LS BCO wants. I've seen BCO's making more gross than me but end up 30 cents less a mile to the truck than me. Foolish to sit there and think outside carriers work cheaper than BCO's.....that is a 2 way street my friend there are many cheap BCO's willing to work for peanuts.

6. Autocar

Autocar Road Train Member

Apr 28, 2012
    The Hot Rod Shop Oxford, AL
    So because you failed to do proper research, Bill is a saint for telling you LS won't accept OOIDA's sub-standard insurance? It has been a well known fact for many years, that OOIDA insurance does not have the minimum A.M. Best rating required by LS. LS will accept any insurance meeting, or exceeding that minimum, and there are plenty of companies to buy from. Many with lower prices, than OOIDA, I might add.
    I have no venom, but I do have facts and background information that most reasonable people would use to steer clear of risking their money and livelyhoods with those dealings.
    As I've said before, do your research thoroughly, then decide. There are plenty of good, solid, companies out here, just as there are plenty of not so good companies.

7. rsconsulting

rsconsulting Light Load Member

Apr 30, 2012
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida
    If there's "no venom" - than how about just LEAVING WELL ENOUGH ALONE ALEADY?

Rick

8. Autocar

Apr 28, 2012
    So, you are telling me that you go and book a load, from a LS Agent, that the gross money to LS is $1000 and is brokered to F2F for $800, which in turn, after F2F gets his (10%) $80, paying you $720, is more than the $780 (approximately with fsc) a BCO, pulling his/her own trailer gets, with the same load? BTW, the BCO doesn't have to shell out any of his/her money for public liability/cargo insurance, it was already paid for in LS's cut of the revenue, unlike F2F's.
    Where can I buy such a calculator? It would be a great gag gift at a party.
    Never said it wasn't a two way street, this is true. But, I have witnessed many Indies running for less then LS BCOs. Way too many Indies try to compare their revenue to what a BCO is making, instead of comparing their revenue, as a Motor Carrier, to LS's revenue, which is the Motor Carrier.

9. Autocar

Apr 28, 2012
    Just trying to educate the younger generation on how to avoid some of the pitfalls those of us in the older generation have either seen or experienced. There are plenty of good companies out there, as well as bad ones. It's hard to decipher between the two, unless you know what to look for.

10. d o g

d o g Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Texas
    Maybe you meant capital instead of capitol? As in capitalizing? Or were you really talking about a building, as in a capitol building? Gotta love it when you English teachers

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2012
  11. Clasix1055

Clasix1055 Even when I'm wrong I'm right

Jan 26, 2012
    Toledo, Ohio
    ????? Your funny....Have fun!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.