Perkins Specialized Transportation, Inc. - Indianapolis, In.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by bandit, Mar 25, 2006.

1. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    What does Perkins do that's considered "specialized"? Don't they pull vans and reefers?

I may be wrong, but whenever I hear the word "specialized" I think of oversize-weight-length loads, or any manner of freight that has to be transported on a specific type of trailer.

Oh, never mind. Reefers fit that description. :oops:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. PortlandDriver

PortlandDriver RIP, May You Be Heaventown Bound!

May 30, 2005
    Pacific Northwest
    Could be what they haul, there are a couple household movvers out here that have a division that does strickly trade shows. From what I have heard the money is good and the hours are better....

4. bandit

bandit Bobtail Member

Mar 25, 2006
    blairsville ga

5. Burky

Burky Road Train Member

I always had the impression that Perkins did a lot of contracted furniture hauling from manufacturers. Maybe they have expanded, but at one point in the past that was their primary business.

6. dougfixit

dougfixit Bobtail Member

Feb 7, 2006
    Hey burky I think there is a couple different Perkins out there had one at the hotel I worked at was hauling contract furniture out of thomasville :?:

7. burrows8365

burrows8365 Light Load Member

Mar 2, 2006
    charlotte, nc
    I suggest you contact the Owner-Operator Independent Driver Association (OOIDA) regarding this carrier. These folks are currently suing a few of these "bad players" for fraudulent lease-purchase agreements and programs. They can certainly advise you on how to approach and respond to this driver's nightmare of a company.

8. whispers65233

whispers65233 Medium Load Member

Mar 3, 2006
    Boonville, MO
    Amen Skullitor and the biggest scam is JB Hunt which has been well documented. If you are looking to go broke then they are the company for you.

9. pktruckdriver

pktruckdriver Bobtail Member

Jan 4, 2007
    :toothy8: I worked for Perkins and did the Lease-purchase and got a truck valued at 35 for 18.5k and made money while I paid it offf, which took about 14 months.

10. Unionjack

Unionjack Bobtail Member

Jan 2, 2007
    Nebraska City, NE
    I own my truck and they recently tried to recruit me. But, I have heard a lot of bad things about them and didn't consider the offer they have. Perkins said they do nothing but Trade show and Furniture. They would not give me a rate of pay when I talked to the recruiter. Said that the pay was not based on a percentage or by the mile... I still don't understand what they base the pay off of.

THe poster stated that they have Company drivers but the recruiter told me they are 100% o/o. Lease purchase is NOT o/o. They are company drivers paying for the priviledge of repairing and putting fuel in someone else's truck. Lease/Purchase is a scam no matter what company you go through.

11. Truckerjo

Truckerjo Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2006
    Indiana
    Well I live just north of Indianapolis and considering the lease purchase. would really like to hear the drivers who have had a decent experience with them. unfortunately you will see that more negative post will be made about a company then good post. usually because people will voice there disagreements more so then the good things.

This is what I came here today in order to find out information on this company. with the few negative things being said may be a positive.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.