Personal dispatch services

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by Roadrunner26, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Roadrunner26

Roadrunner26 Bobtail Member

Aug 25, 2010
    I had a guy offer me his services as a personal dispatcher for owner operators that will find freight for me to haul and keep me busy. He would book loads through brokers and take care of the invoiceing on my behalf. He says he can guarantee me running at $2 a mile on every load. He says he charges 10% commission on the gross he generates for the week. $100 for every $1000. He said he'll give me a week free trial.

Would anybody try this service?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. squarebox

squarebox Medium Load Member

Aug 17, 2010
    mississippi
    where would you be running and what would you be hauling....will he give a contract stating the ppm?...i don like the idea 10% is too much unless your running under his authority and insurance....in other words he is trolling load board just as you could do yourself....and he says he will guarantee 2 dollar loads but how many miles per week at 2 dollars?

Roborope Thanks this.
  4. Bigray

Bigray Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    for the time i spend looking for loads and the prices i have been able to get on my own, i would be all over that offer.

Princessleia and RAG Thank this.
  5. MedicineMan

MedicineMan Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Woodville, TX
    tell him to sign a contract that garanties $2mi and see how fast he back pedals because there is no way he can get $2mi on EVERY load. not unless they are 50 mile loads anyways and then it's not worth it

aiwiron Thanks this.
  6. Roadrunner26

Aug 25, 2010
    Ok I called the guy and here's what I got. I'm thinking about giving it a shot.

He does all the calling,searching and booking of the loads through brokers under my authority. All I do is provide the tractor and trailer and drive.

He showed me two weeks worth of work he has gathered for his clients. He generated $2900 and $3000. He drove 1200 miles week 1 and 900 miles week 2. He lives in NJ and was home daily. He said he would write up a guarantee.

He arranges pickup today and deliver tommorow in the northeast. I see it being possible. It takse a lot of work to make it happen but it has to be done during the hours that I need to be driving. As you know driving and calling 50 brokers per day to compare the work does not mix.

He even has references.

7. RonS666

RonS666 Light Load Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Gainesville Ga
    Sounds good not knowing more. I'd take the free trial but make sure you have an escape clause permitting you to quit without penalty any time.

Keep us informed.

DeliveryMark Thanks this.
  8. rbht

rbht Heavy Load Member

Jan 23, 2010
    CT,NH
    So he's telling you he made $2.42 and $3.33 a mile for all miles i call BS exspeacialy if he's getting loads from brokers i don't know of one broker paying that kind of money in the north east, hell most direct shipper rates are only around that number for loaded miles not all miles. Is this local short haul work?.

MarcusG and pigeon river trucking Thank this.
  9. Roadrunner26

Aug 25, 2010
    It's 250 to 350 mile loads. Example would be pick up today in Boston,MA going to Baltimore,MD for delivery tommorow. Pickup in Baltimore or surrounding within 50 miles going back to Boston,MA or surrounding.I live in NJ so I would stop home and make the deliveries in the AM. It kind of sounds to good to be true but, I've done a little reserarch and may be going for it.

10. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    What's the payment schedule ? Immediate? 15 days ? 30 days? 60 days?

He may put it in writing and pay out immediately during the "free" trial. But he may also include very small print.

11. Bigray

Bigray Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    thx. for the update. does this guy work the NE only or all over.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.