Personal Hygiene (Showers)

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by gaeducator, Dec 30, 2011.

1. JimTheHut

JimTheHut Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!
    I try to get a shower every day, but sometimes it just does not work out for me. In those cases, I use baby wipes. They do a great job and get off all of the bacteria which is exactly what a shower does. Just not warm..lol
    I change clothes every day and shave every day so I look very professional at the beginning of the day. After I load or unload I am dirty until that night.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gaeducator

gaeducator Light Load Member

Apr 15, 2011
    Bayou la Batre, AL
    Wanna say thank you Stacey for allowing me to help you earn that major paycheck. Hopefully you have settled in at home and scrubbed all of dirt, smoke and filth that has accumulated on you since Monday ( your last shower). You promised that next week wont be a repeat of this week. Well I dont believe you and I will be requesting a new TE. Hopefully you will read the replies about showering and personal hygiene. Can you imagine being a trainee and having to live in your disgusting truck? Can you imagine having to lay in the top bunk and hold your nose as your TE farts throughout the night? Can you imagine what I thought when my wife dropped me off and I climbed into your 2011 FL Cascadia with the nasty cigarette ashes and butts on your passenger seat? Can you imagine being woke up from a deep sleep in the top bunk as cigarette smoke enters my nostril as you smoke in the bottom bunk? Can you imagine having to sleep in the top bunk as your bunk heater is on full blast for the entire night? Can you imagine saying that the student should be tested for sleep apnea as he nodds off after having logged over fifty hours in the passenger seat from Ga to Ohio, from Ohio to West Virginia, from West Virginia to North Carolina, from South Carolina to Georgia? Could you imagine that the driver might be tired from waking up every morning at least by 4:30 and heading out after only sleeping about 4-5 hours a night from the extreme heat? Could you imagine?

4. KenworthGuyNH

KenworthGuyNH Road Train Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Central, NH
    DAILY showers!! Been caught in bad weather or some other extreme circumstances a few times and skipped to the next day but it's RARE. Does this scene make you wonder why you are working for an outfit that would also employ a slob like this as a trainer?

5. ra0828

ra0828 Medium Load Member

Nov 28, 2011
    Marietta, Ga
    Hang on a second...There have been two people in this thread already saying it is Schneider's fault that they "employ" the people who dont take showers, etc. No where n the application did it ask if you take a shower daily. SNI does tell their employees that they need to shower and be presentable to their customers. Please dont make it seem like SNI holds a patent on drivers who dont shower. I have worked in office buildings where people had questionable hygiene. It isn't one company, it is ALL trucking companies. The fact is, there are those of us who shower as often as possible and there are some who dont know what a shower looks like.

To imply that SNI "hires these slobs" shows ignorance beyond belief. Yep, SNI "hires these slobs" and so does Prime, Roehl, Marten, FedEx, SWIFT, an on and on and on...It is a TRUCKING problem, not just an SNI problem.

6. Tardis

Tardis Light Load Member

Nov 6, 2011
    banned or retired
    Gaeducator, reading your previous posts I figured you were a guy. Your TE is female? There should be a motel for one of you each night according to policy. Easy showers.

No matter, it is not Schneider's fault that this person is a slob. If you don't let your DBL know then you are part of the problem. But it sounds like you have addressed this already.

7. ohmercy61

ohmercy61 Light Load Member

Dec 16, 2011
    morehead city nc
    Question is smoking allowed in trucks?

8. Marksteven

Marksteven Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Bumble Fxxx
    Your TE is a Dirtbag! you can tell him me and everyone here agrees. You on the other hand did good.Absolutely no need to equate driving truck with being nasty.

9. Tardis

Tardis Light Load Member

Nov 6, 2011
    banned or retired
    Smoking IS allowed.

10. gaeducator

gaeducator Light Load Member

Apr 15, 2011
    Bayou la Batre, AL
    My former TE was a male named Stacey from Thomaston, Ga. Haven't let anyone know yet. Tried to call training director couple of times last week, but she was on vacation.

11. KenworthGuyNH

KenworthGuyNH Road Train Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Central, NH

I did not "imply" that SNI hired THAT PARTICULAR slob; I stated that they did...........which is fact. I did NOT ever say it was SNI's "fault" that he did not shower. .......no insult was intended to YOU; nor SNI in general!! I did not even mention SNI in the original post.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2011
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.