Personal Hygiene (Showers)

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by gaeducator, Dec 30, 2011.

1. OPUS 7

OPUS 7 Road Train Member

Aug 13, 2010
    $10.00 Get the card,and build points,and never pay for showers with fuel purchases

slim shady Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    Try 30 minutes in a Love's where the same person that runs the fuel desk cleans the shower . Ever see the "Express shower" sign next to a Love's fuel desk ? It tells you to get a number from the fuel desk and get a bite to eat at the restaurant or do other shopping while waiting for your number to be called .
    I have been in several Pilots where all the showers would be dirty and not cleaned until someone needed one .

4. TennMan

TennMan Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Hazzard County Jail !!!!!
    I have paid for plenty of shower's usually 10.00 and just keep the receipt for taxes and deduct it. It's not that big of a deal to pay for it i mean even at home you pay for it with water electricity soap and all. It's PURE LAZINESS to make an excuse to not shower after 2 days. Tells you how the person may be at home as well. Same as having a dash full of stuff i keep nothing on the dash except the cb. If i was DOT i'd pull over evry truck i saw with junk cluttering the dash, no reason for it.....Just my .02

OPUS 7 Thanks this.
  5. TennMan

TennMan Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Hazzard County Jail !!!!!
    Even if it takes 2 hours me being clean is more important than delivering that load. Sorry but i trip plan better, now i'm not saying i haven't had to wait til the next morning to shower but Never # days or more. Maybe i'm fortunate that over 13 years and i've been able to manage to shower on my schedule.

6. companyman

companyman Heavy Load Member

Nov 17, 2011
    There is always the hose at the fuel island!

7. driver7702003

driver7702003 Medium Load Member

Nov 12, 2011
    FLORIDA
    Shower every chance you get in most states ther is a truck stop at every other exit or two no reason not to shower you got to take a 10 hr somewere

8. gaeducator

gaeducator Light Load Member

Apr 15, 2011
    Bayou la Batre, AL
    I understand that trucking requires you to adjust your lifestyle, but the habits you have at home will play a role on the road. Wednesday morning in Ohio, the temp was about 31 degrees at 4:30 in the morning. Far as I was concerned, i had to take a shower, so i paid the $10 and went and showered. I could not have went another day. Never know who you may deliver to or who you may run into. Gotta present yourself as a professional. I am a professional truck driver, not just a truck driver. I believe that most in this occupation are professional as demonstrated by their showering habits and personal hygiene. Believe my TE was the exception and not the norm.

9. Jorihe84

Jorihe84 Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2010
    North Florida
    Completely agreed. I drive a dedicated route and it's mostly backroads so truck stops are far n few. With it being cool out and my running at night, I can easily go every other day without showering. I can do 2 days as long as I do a quick wipe down with baby wipes and fresh clothes.

When I trained at USX they gave us a preference for smokers or non smokers. I HATE smoking. To me, smokers are just as bad as the obese truckers. Its nothing more then excuses for a disquisting habit. A good friend of mine is a smoker but respects non smokers. When he lights one up he walks a couple feet away from us and only smokes with his windows completely down and the cig always hanging out the window. Not a single cig butt, ash or a hint of smoke in his truck.

10. ra0828

ra0828 Medium Load Member

Nov 28, 2011
    Marietta, Ga
    TA is 12.00 now.

11. ra0828

ra0828 Medium Load Member

Nov 28, 2011
    Marietta, Ga
    Was that remark really necessary? What is "bad" about us? I could stand to lose 50-60 pounds and am considered "obese". So, tell me, what is bad about me? I do my job well...I can climb in and out of the truck with ease...I can unload freight...I shower daily...I brush my teeth...I flush the toilet...tell me, what is "bad" about me because I'm not 110 pounds soaking wet? :biggrin_25510:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.