Personal Security

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Revolvers&w, Apr 25, 2012.

1. MNdriver

MNdriver Road Train Member

Feb 24, 2012
    Kudo's to you for taking that outlook.

Not that having a firearm is a bad thing. But it's not the only thing.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Russjac

Russjac Light Load Member

Apr 3, 2012
    Las Vegas
    To Guntoter, First, I commend your common sense and/or training in the first example, but you kinda made my point in the second. You yelled out that you had a gun and the assailant ran away. So how did actually having the gun change that outcome?

The point of a handgun is to kill people, and the only reason for a law abiding person to use one is to stop another person from harming themselves or others. I believe there is a lot of training that is needed to know what those situations are then most gun owners really comprehend.
    Having a gun without such training is more likely to get you or other innocent people harmed, then it is to prevent crime. A gun is not to threaten someone to stop doing something, it is to stop them period.

If everyone who owned a gun had the training you had, I would have no problems with people carrying, but sadly most don't. Being ###### on the gun range has nothing to do with what I am talking about.

And BTW, used to hunt and owned rifles and bows before I moved to Las Vegas, and would hunt again, so I am not just anti gun. I am anti stupidity.

MNdriver Thanks this.
  4. Russjac

Russjac Light Load Member

Apr 3, 2012
    Las Vegas
    "...is to stop another person from harming themselves or others."
    Sorry, I meant "... yourself or others"

5. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Exactly.

Clear leather and fire, then fire again to make sure.

That weapon is not something to be brandished as a threat, it is something to end the conflict - period.

230 grain...
    Colt .45?

6. bigjoel

bigjoel Road Train Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Houston, Tx
    You have a license for that? lol.

x#1 Thanks this.
  7. NYROADIE

NYROADIE Heavy Load Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Rochester NY

Don't do that in NYC:biggrin_25513: Knives HAVE to be conceled, NOT EVEN THE CLIP CAN SHOW! Also to be legal in the city it must take two hands to open ( no flip open or thumb open)
    Bet that makes ya feel safe :biggrin_2559:

8. Numb

Numb Crusty Curmudgeon

Jan 30, 2012
    Charlotte, N.Carolina
    such casual talk about "ending it". your talking about killing someone,so say it. to those who have never done it, YOU DON'T WANT TO !!!!!. not really. I have , in war and civilian life and would again, If my family was threatened. I know the demons that I have to live with, you don't want them.

NYROADIE Thanks this.
  9. NYROADIE

Jun 24, 2010
    Rochester NY

Yeah it's best to avoid it when you can, but when your car's blocked in by a pick up truck and the other guy's about 100lbs bigger then you and pulls out a 10'' butcher knife on you and your wife what would you do?:biggrin_25524:
    Scream like a little girl or draw a weapon? I did the only thing I could drew my lil PT22 and told him to leave. No shots fired, no on hurt, and the cops pulled him over down the road a ways.
    He told them he had a real bad day and was going to teach me a lesson for cutting him off! I don't know if I pulled in front of him or not.

10. NYROADIE

Jun 24, 2010
    Rochester NY
    License is not needed as long as it's conceled!:biggrin_2559:

11. NYROADIE

Jun 24, 2010
    Rochester NY

The easy part is pulling the trigger, it's what come after that's the hard part!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.