Personalizing your truck?

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by curio, Aug 11, 2021.

1. curio

curio Bobtail Member

Jun 29, 2021
    VA
    Sounds cool, thanks for replying! Adding a quote is neat, it seems like a nice way to express yourself through your truck! I would've guessed that sometimes company policies can get in the way, but that's nice that at least some of them are flexible about what you can do with customization.

And man I must be out of the loop, I've never heard it called a Bambi basher! That's hilarious but I almost feel a little bad for laughing, haha

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dngrous_dime

dngrous_dime Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Lansing area, MI
    The grille guard is $1900, just the replacement hood is $2400. Plus all bodywork, lights, hinges, grille, paint, etc.

curio Thanks this.
  4. curio

curio Bobtail Member

Jun 29, 2021
    VA
    Oh wow that's quite the investment, but I guess if it's your livelihood then it makes sense that it's worth the extra money! When you consider everything, that must start adding up really fast, I never even realized the price range of all those features

5. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    From Shell SuperRigs:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

GYPSY65 and curio Thank this.
  6. curio

curio Bobtail Member

Jun 29, 2021
    VA
    Very cool, thanks for posting these! I didn't even realize you could customize some of these things, haha. Very high end, I'm sure it makes a big difference in the driving experience but doesn't come cheap

7. Thrasher28

Thrasher28 Heavy Load Member

Aug 12, 2021
    Bowling Green, KY
    For most company drivers (those of us employed purely to drive. No ownership of the truck at all), we aren’t allowed to make any exterior changes most of the time. I reckon beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but there’s enough people with bad or ‘gaudy’ taste, that it would just make the fleet look unprofessional. Usually companies are okay with a couple small stickers, CB radio setups, etc., but they don’t want a fleet of all white trucks to suddenly have one with hot pink racing stripes down the center lol.

8. oicu812

oicu812 Medium Load Member

Sep 24, 2010
    Wisconsin
    Much of what you notice (visors, lights, bumpers ect) are done by guys after delivery of the truck. Probably the biggest amount of customization is what you don’t see right away. What engine, transmission, rear ends, frame, fuel tanks and their placement, a whole ton of different things. That is what makes trucks that may look alike actually be very different.

9. Dexterr

Dexterr Medium Load Member

Jul 25, 2011
    Lafourche parish
    I’d personalize it lug nut covers window chops mud flap hangers with lights

10. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Check with your boss before you "customize" your truck. If it doesn't involve drilling holes, tapping in to existing wiring, or graphics that have to be removed with a propane torch he'll probably go for it.

11. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    I got myself an all weather floor mat from Walmart. Hoping to afford a second one when fuel goes back down.

Custom knows no boundaries with my wicked ride.

Siinman and LameMule Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.