Pete 579 air line length

Discussion in 'Peterbilt Forum' started by IrreverentCrawfish, Jun 17, 2018.

1. IrreverentCrawfish

IrreverentCrawfish Light Load Member

Jan 31, 2017
    'Merica
    I recently leased a 2017 Pete 579 and it came with those stupid coiled airlines that get tangled like a birds nest as soon as you go down the road. I want to upgrade to some of those straight rubber hoses that aren't coiled and are wrapped together along with the electrical cable but I noticed those come in different lengths and I don't know which one fits the best. If anyone has replaced the airlines on their Pete and has an idea of what length is best for pulling reefer/dry box trailers without yanking the glad hands off in a hard turn or having them drag on the catwalk, I'd appreciate if you'd let me know.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    I have not measured mine but I think they are 12 foot long. I could be wrong.

IrreverentCrawfish Thanks this.
  4. BUMBACLADWAR

BUMBACLADWAR Road Train Member

Dec 5, 2013
    Ya,some states will "get sideways" with ya,at the weigh station....if your lines hang gown or "lay on the catwalk".I keep mine in a group of three,cord and all ,separated,precisely,where,I can whip into a "severe jacknife",Without them pulling loose or stretching Too tight.Just saying.

5. Goodysnap

Goodysnap Road Train Member

Jul 12, 2017
    You need a 3 in 1. Might have to add an extra retractor depending on the set up.

6. boneebone

boneebone Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2009
    Just keep them untangled, it isn't that hard to keep them untangled.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.