Peterbilt 386 HVAC Blend Door Broken

Discussion in 'Peterbilt Forum' started by AFX, Feb 27, 2020.

1. AFX

AFX Bobtail Member

Apr 17, 2016
    I recently purchased a 2007 Peterbilt 386 and noticed it stopped blowing hot air out of the cabin. I checked the lines going to the heater core and they were both hot. I checked all the blend door actuator and they were working fine too. When I opened the heater core/evaporator access door, I could see through a small opening that the blend door itself had broken free of the rod that connects it to the actuator. Upon further investigating I realized my fresh air door is also broken and I'm guessing so is the mode door as the system only blows air out of the front vents. Does anyone know how to go about replacing the blend doors?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pushbroom

pushbroom Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2012
    I don't believe they are sold separate. Gotta replace the entire HVAC box. Not too hard but time consuming.

spsauerland Thanks this.
  4. AFX

AFX Bobtail Member

Apr 17, 2016
    Any general instructions on how to remove the HVAC box? Thanks

5. Ebonific

Ebonific Bobtail Member

Sep 20, 2020
    Take off air intake. Turn wipers on, then turn ignition switch off when wipers are up.
    On top of the unit, right under the windshield below wiper connecting rod, unbolt the two 13mm nuts. The are an additional two 13mm bolts on both sides. Clamp 2 heater core hoses. Evacuate AC system. Unscrew 10mm nut from evaporator. Pull those two lines away. Unscrew 10mm hose hangers bolts from the unit. Move those 4 lines(ac and heater core) out of the way, towards driver side. Unit should pull straight out.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.