Peterson Transportion "PTI in Manson Iowa

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Tatman1980, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Tatman1980

Tatman1980 Bobtail Member

Nov 12, 2015
    Would recommend not driving for them. By far worst company I worked for in terms of miles and loading & unloading times. They preach good maint but made me drive a whole week on trailer tires showing cords. Only reason they fixed them was because I started writing them in my pretrip. The safety and maint guy is a ex DOT officer go figure. They leave out stuff and u find out it after u get to orientation. Like if u dont drive for them for like a year and a half u have to pay back ur sign on bonus. They hold 3wks worth of checks. Got hurt on the job and they didnt handle it through work comp I had to pay out of pocket. Because it was on their biggest customers jobsite who they will drop to their knees for. U can forget ever seeing ur last check. So i made them come get their own truck after their office manager was a dick about me quitting. After office hours u can forget about getting ahold of anyone. They preach up and down that its family there ha yea right. They are also one of those companies that say if u drive for us for 90 days we will buy u a brand new Pete 389. When i first applied they had a driver contact me amd talk the company all up. But after hired all he said then was all bad stuff go figure he jist wanted his $250 cabelas card.

GOSTRIDER13 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Np one but the driver of the truck makes the decision to drive on bad tires. Its your license, not theirs.

4. Tatman1980

Tatman1980 Bobtail Member

Nov 12, 2015
    True but its either drive or starve u cant force a company.

5. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Here's a mind blower for you. How about option three. Quit and (with a good driving record) be starting a new company on Monday.

6. Metalicious

Metalicious Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2015
    And you can force them to fire you, after you inform them via whatever documented way you can (pretrip) suffices and ask for another vehicle to drive or pull that is safe. When they fail to do and fire you, if they choose to do that, you have a legit whistleblower claim against them. I know from experience. One company I worked for had one semi and a bobtail truck. Semi was in bad bad shape. Fired me for refusing to drive. I immediately made a video right then documenting all the damage and filed with OSHA. Rest is history. They ended up paying me to settle the issue after a failed mediation. They thought that meant they won. They didn’t know that I could have a de novo review before an administrative law judge, with discovery at that time. But when they got what I had to send to request discovery they FINALLY contacted an attorney. My case was different because of texts I had sent which made it appear to OSHA that I had made it seem like I would drive the unsafe equipment if I was paid more money. Which isn’t what was said in any text messages. But next time let the place fire you. File your claim with OSHA. Get paid.

7. Veteran driver

Veteran driver Medium Load Member

Aug 24, 2010
    De Moines. IA

Bingo!! Comment of the week right here☝
    Well said

Lonesome and bzinger Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.