Petition to oppose FMCSA speed limiter mandate

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Bret1984, May 5, 2022.

1. rbrtwbstr

rbrtwbstr Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2012
    in the bush somewhere
    We haven't seen anything yet. Soon enough doing anything that could be considered enjoyable will be outlawed or mandated into oblivion. Then we all can sit around in nursing homes, eating baby food and patiently waiting to die. All while being told we should be thankful for the government.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    its not about grasping the method.. its about putting it into reality... have you guys actually tested this theory over the course of say 6 months or more? because i have.. it is dependent on what you do.. if its regional work then yeah fuel mileage be ######.. that extra load will always make you more money.. but OTR work it seems to be a wash out in the long run because theirs to many variables involved with getting delayed on the trip which would cancel out any fast driving and reward fuel mileage... this is just my experience.. yours may vary. but its good to experiment

nredfor88, Siinman and bryan21384 Thank this.
  4. goga

goga Heavy Load Member

Nov 11, 2021
    Earth..
    It is not about 6-12-22-47 month of OTR, it it about brain function. I did my test after 1 month of driving with a "learner" license, so what? If there is a driving experience behind the wheel, there should be no problem... yet.. there is.. why? Cuz of the "rush" to the whatever. No distance, no brake check, no nothing... just mindless thinking there is no 20 ton load behind.

5. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    What does it take to qualify as OTR work?

Siinman Thanks this.
  6. Siinman

Siinman Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    Yes I have done both and it works for me. I also do not work with a bunch of different brokers and stay with 1-3 most of the time. This helps ensure that my jobs are not canceled or if an issue they will help make it work. Now with that said when rates suck and fuel is crazy cost it will not work out.

7. Val_Caldera

Val_Caldera Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2021
    TARHEEL
    Not A "troll" response.

As Of Today @ OPPOSE fmcsa Speed Limiter Mandate (and it may change):
    58 Signatures Link . Few Days Back It Was 48.

Regulations.gov
    5.46K Comments As Of Today.

Feds Do What They Want Regardless Of "Opinions-n-Comments" Received. HISTORY VERIFIES!
    They Did A Spectacular "Study" That Yielded ZERO PROOF The E.L.D. Mandate Would Be Better In Transportation.
    - - - -

Cat sdp and Siinman Thank this.
  8. scoobertdoo

scoobertdoo Road Train Member

Nov 11, 2020
    This is how they will make electric trucks and driverless trucks the norm. No 11 hour clock for an electric driverless truck.

Geekonthestreet and Oxbow Thank this.
  9. Geekonthestreet

Geekonthestreet Medium Load Member

Jun 27, 2021
    Chicago
    This is inevitably what happens when founders die, and the idiot grandchildren who’ve never known anything resembling work try to play pretend.

nredfor88 and Cat sdp Thank this.
  10. Oxbow

Oxbow Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2015
    Idaho
    Then the new Teamsters (programmers of driverless trucks) will go on strike and shut the country down.

11. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    What makes you think you're entitled to dictate what speed other drivers' trucks run?

And do you also believe that four wheelers need to be governed at 62, or slower?

BoostedTeg and Rubber duck kw Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.