Petition to oppose FMCSA speed limiter mandate

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Bret1984, May 5, 2022.

1. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    They'll need the donations because they need better, more articulate arguers against all these mandates. They don't have the slightest clue how to present any argument and sound intelligent doing it. They sound every bit as whiny as most truckers do when they argue with the leaders.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dirthaller

dirthaller Heavy Load Member

Sep 22, 2011
    Coloratah

fordconvert Thanks this.
  4. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Just so you all know, YumDinger won't be commenting any more in this particular thread.

5. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    The problem i have with it is the government doesnt need to make decisions for us.. They have done nothing but dragged this industry down by their overreaching regulations... Ever since i been on my own I never even cracked 65mph... But that is my choice because it is my truck and my business. I dont need the government regulating how fast or slow i can go. If they want to to do that then they can do that thru speed limits on the roads... But they keep their hands off my truck because they sure as hell dont pay the bills on it

RockinChair, jason6541, Oxbow and 7 others Thank this.
  6. TheLoadOut

TheLoadOut Road Train Member

Nov 6, 2019
    How about this, if somehow this does make it through, nobody gets it done, except for the few bootlickers that always bend over anyway, but just don't get it done. Screw'em

Bret1984 and Nostalgic Thank this.
  7. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    All other things equal besides the weight it's a fact that a loaded heavier truck will stop in a shorter distance than an empty truck. But anyways this speed limiter mandate is a gift to low paying, poor working conditions, high turnover big trucking business. That's it. There are no studies that show it improves saftey but there's lots of them that point to speed differential between vehicles being more unsafe.

Realistically not that mamy trucks out here are running past 75 mph. Why can't we just be allowed to self police? It's worked just fine for decades now. This is an unnecessary regulation. And I stand by my comment about making better time. I do keep my door shut and run the speed limit all day long.

8. TheLoadOut

TheLoadOut Road Train Member

Nov 6, 2019
    I'd like to shake your hand Sir, you Sir, are a genius! Love it!

RefMata, jason6541, W923 and 2 others Thank this.
  9. bryan21384

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    There's proof that speed kills though. Ok so if it ain't that many trucks ain't running past 75, then what's the big deal? People cannot be trusted to self police. I'm not saying you personally are undisciplined, but there are other drivers that have been irresponsible and have messed it up for the entire industry.

Last edited: May 7, 2022
  10. bryan21384

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Understood. What has to be understood is that they gotta do what they think is necessary to look after an entire nation quite frankly. Not everyone is going to like everything they do but I understand it. Besides, they've already told you what to do when it comes to your truck. You've got Certified Clean Idle. Lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.