Pets ? Really?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by ttnae, Dec 28, 2018.

1. ttnae

ttnae Light Load Member

Oct 4, 2013
    I had someone respond to my job posting today. His response was, this job would be perfect except for the no pet policy. When did pets become so important that they decide where you will work? Has everyone in this country gone mental? If you're going to have a job paying you $80000, you would let your pet get in the way of that because your pet would not be welcome? For all of you people that insist on having pets with you and then insisting that your pet is different or safe or would never do any of the things that any of these other pets do you need to remember something. Pets are a liability and the truck. This is probably more true than a human would be. Not everyone is comfortable around your dog or your cat or your pet. Most companies do not allow pets on the premises. Should a Carrier decide what freight to Hall based on which locations will allow your pet on to their property? What happens if you're waiting to load for 2 or 3 or 4 hours in your pet is trapped inside? Should they allow your pet, to roam their premises and poop on their grounds because you can't do your job without having your pet with you? I'm sorry for this rant but people really get on my nerves with some of their ridiculous expectations.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. adayrider

adayrider Road Train Member

May 7, 2018
    So a pet goldfish is out of the question?

4. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    Sounds like your just upset cause no one wants to work for you. If someone wants a pet with them it is what it is. That persons choice.

5. Ffx95

Ffx95 Road Train Member

May 18, 2017
    If I can’t take my pet rock with me then I’m staying home! :dontknow:

6. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    I've seen a few truck interiors destroyed over the years by pets .
    I like dogs and cats ...but not in my truck !

Sani101, JoeyJunk, Aamcotrans and 13 others Thank this.
  7. SoCalRed

SoCalRed Medium Load Member

Feb 7, 2017
    CA
    Don't see why are you so upset. Many companies list no pets, but are flexible if they really need a driver.
    The guy called and ask. You don't want pets in your truck that's fine. When someone calls and ask just say no sorry I don't allow pets. No need to rant about it. You really sound like a person people don't want to work for.
    I'm local now, but when OTR I always had a dog with me. See my avatar? I will take a less paying job so she can come with me. So take your $80,000 and shove it.

8. Nothereoften

Nothereoften Light Load Member

Oct 6, 2018
    I became an owner operator because of a no pet policy, also quit a job I was relatively fond of shortly after I got my dog since they changed the pet policy

9. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    Some people have service dogs. In particular the ex military guys that got shook up. Some people are so alone and isolated that the pet is all they have.

Don’t be too quick to pass judgment on ALL pet owners.

Luck in battle.

10. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    What about my pet rock?

11. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    only if it is a male, and named Marty.

Texas_hwy_287, Lepton1 and Puppage Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.