Physical renew mishap

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Snevets, Dec 4, 2019.

1. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    i call bs on the story. you know what the deal is. own up to your mistakes. also if you are to take a drug test. you dont come back the next day to pee. you can only drink 1 12oz glass of water per hour. up to 3 hours. after the 3rd hour you have to go to the hp to get blood work done. there is a very strict protocol for a dot drug test. at the end of the day. we all know whats going on. own up to this.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I agree.

Going happy go lucky through your life days without focusing on the important cornerstone of your livelhood which is the physical and drug test is not the way to do it. Whatever the real story is I don't know. I can conjure up any number of reasons. But its not here or there.

Worse case scenario you go through a SAP at your own time and expense. And after a time at least a year if not more if you still possess that CDL (Better swear out a Tier two at the DMV fast before it gets downgraded to a car license because you do not have a DOT medical card...) you might start back up from the bottom in the industry.

I don;t know the whole story and that up to the OP. There is nothing here that can be done.

truckdriver31 Thanks this.
  4. Gumper

Gumper Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2018
    Butte, MT
    I’ve never had a drug test with a physical renewal. Must be a company thing, but there’s also procedures the testers go through. Have to empty your pockets, pick between cups to use, all that stuff. At a regular physical you piss into a cup, they check it out right there, and then dispose of it.

Also no one in this situation is going to admit fault, so you may as well move on to other employment.

5. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    Sing along if you know the words

Eldiablo, jcrack08, D.Tibbitt and 6 others Thank this.
  6. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    It doesn’t work like that.

He knew what he was there for. He should have never left. As soon as you leave the building, it goes down as a refusal. There’s no point in talking with anyone from the clinic, there’s no point in talking with anyone from the trucking company...it’s now out of their hands. Like @wore out said, he has to complete a SAP program.

7. Tx Countryboy

Tx Countryboy Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2019
    We have a winner.^^^^^^^^^^^

x1Heavy and truckdriver31 Thank this.
  8. Tx Countryboy

Sep 18, 2019
    Every one I did they drug tested & no flushing commode with colored dye in it.

D.Tibbitt and Flat Earth Trucker Thank this.
  9. Tx Countryboy

Sep 18, 2019
    That refused drug test is gonna be on your record too.

10. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
  11. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    and for me, every company that ever sent me to Concentra, never had me drug tested there with the physical. i was always sent to a different collection site.

must depend on the contracts some companies have with Concentra, and the costs involved as well.?

FlaSwampRat and truckdriver31 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.