Picking my own freight baby! My journey to & of being on Schneider choice, the Adventure & Numbers!

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by freightwipper, Jun 1, 2015.

1. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    Yeah but even after my nearly 400 mile deadhead the load is paying me about $1.39 all miles to Cali so it's fine just stupid I have to deadhead that far out of a great market in my opinion.
    I complain but I'm still making money and hitting my income goals, that's all I'm saying. It's one thing to complain, it's another to say there's only cheap freight and you're not making any money. Trucking gods know if that ends up happening to me here I'll be out of here so fast!
    Anyway I'll be back solo in a few days.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pocketaces

pocketaces Light Load Member

Aug 23, 2016
    Didn't realize you'd get so butt hurt. I even admitted you still make money here you just have a lot of aggrevation to get it.

And I am one who has left SNI and the grass IS greener on the other side.

So yeah you have your sources and I have mine...We already know you have all the answers anyway....yet nobody #####es and moans more than you do.

scythe08, spyder7723 and driverdriver Thank this.
  4. freightwipper

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    My comment wasn't directed towards anybody in specific, Landstar was brought up before your comment about them.
    However i know everybody else here gets a free pass from their complaining besides me so that's cool lol.

I don't doubt some do really well at Landstar but it's a totally different system than here. Some fail there, some do great there.. same as here but to all those saying it's sooooo terrible here and only cheap freight you've been called out. Everybody loves calling me out all the time so figured I'd do some of my own :cool:

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
    scythe08 Thanks this.
  5. pocketaces

Aug 23, 2016
    My main point was you are just in a little more control of the intangibles there that helps keep the BP down.

freightwipper Thanks this.
  6. freightwipper

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    It's all one big game no matter where you go or what do you.
    Leased onto a carrier where you get dispatched... you gotta play the fight the dispatcher to get you good loads and getting you home when u want.
    Leased onto Schneider you gotta play the beat people to good loads in .000001 seconds, figure out the Schneider load board games and manipulations in order to get the most out of it, figure out wtf on your own sometimes because CS screws up a lot etc etc.
    Landstar is the agent game which again is another different level of a BS game to deal with.

No matter what or where you go you're up against something and some bs.

Sometimes it's not a "cheap freight" problem but rather how good you play the game.

7. duddie

duddie Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Parts Unknown
    I never said I wasn't making money here. Matter fact I just love the flexibility of being home that's the main reason.. but as a business I can clearly see the program going down.. For an example on any giving day in the beginning of the week you can pick any city in Indiana and put in a 190 mile radius and get 1100 loads..I did that last week and got 790.. Those loads didn't just run away. You're adding more ics and giving crazy incentives but the board has 400 loads less in a very productive area. The writing is on the wall. I'm not going down with the boat lol.. And for people without truck payments who say they making decent you can't really have an opinion.. You have little to no overhead..I can do good at Swift without a truck payment lmao

8. freightwipper

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    Schneider needs to stop bring people on, there's not enough good freight for everybody.
    They should have never pulled the plug on the hiring freeze.

9. stranger

stranger Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2006
    NC
    Here's you answer as to why new IC and company drivers are being added, and as to why delivery dates are being pushed out.

When preparing a prospectus for an IPO, it looks terrible to have idle equipment. You want as close to 100% utilization of assets as possible. If butts are in the seats, even if they are sitting in a truck stop waiting to unload 1-2 days later, that truck is being utilized.

They are playing games in order to make the numbers look great. If the economy tanks in the first half of next year I look for SNI to pull the IPO.

TennMan and driverdriver Thank this.
  10. Scott72

Scott72 Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2013
    Not competing with company trucks? Ha, you're competing against the agent's personal fleets , not to mention they can outsource as much freight as they want. I did my homework on them . Oh and enjoy paying ALL tolls and trans flo fees .

freightwipper Thanks this.
  11. pocketaces

Aug 23, 2016
    Some us know how to run around toll roads or include the cost of tolls and other incidentals in the rates.

Of course there is going to be competition. But once you've established your relationship with brokers and shown you are dependable they will be calling you before you have to call them. Unlike SNI where you have to be an expert at the fastest finger competition online.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.