Picking my own freight baby! My journey to & of being on Schneider choice, the Adventure & Numbers!

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by freightwipper, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Scott72

Scott72 Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2013
    You're no more in control there than you are here. Just because you can negotiate rates doesn't mean you're going to run for 2/mile . Agents find cheap trucks just like Schneider finds cheap IC's. Agents play games over there too like trying to slide FSC into line haul. I'm not saying they're terrible , but there are issues there just like here.

freightwipper and drvrtech77 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pocketaces

pocketaces Light Load Member

Aug 23, 2016
    You've dealt with agents before...or just the wrong ones?

4. Scott72

Apr 7, 2013
    I haven't dealt with any , but like I said I did extensive homework before deciding between the two. I was all signed up for orientation before pulling the plug. We could debate this all day, but van freight is van freight. To think someone is going to go from averaging 1.50/mile here to 2/mile there is unrealistic. I'd probably get my own numbers before I'd go there. Just my opinion.

scythe08 and freightwipper Thank this.
  5. pocketaces

Aug 23, 2016
    If you are averaging $1.50/mi then of course you can argue for staying. All I basically was pointing out that even a lateral move is worth it due to the BS SNI makes you put up and then doesn't let you talk to the guy who can fix the problem.

Scott72 Thanks this.
  6. Scott72

Apr 7, 2013
    Yea that's where we differ. I think lateral moves are pointless. It costs around 10k to switch companies when you consider down time, fees , etc . For me to switch it absolutely has to be two steps forward. I just don't see that with LS.

7. TennMan

TennMan Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Hazzard County Jail !!!!!
    I'll bet in 2017 we at SNI start paying for qualcomm, transflo, tolls etc. As part of a new ICOA. It's in the works!

8. pocketaces

Aug 23, 2016
    Depends if you can maintain your income at SNI. If you think it will recover then no need to make a lateral move. If the bottom is gonna drop out then maybe so.

Signs are pointing toward it getting worse there. They are flat out stubborn to fix their service issues.

9. duddie

duddie Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Parts Unknown
    It cost 10k to switch companies???:confused:

10. duddie

duddie Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Parts Unknown
    Lmao some of you guys talk about dealing with agents as if you have no concept of talking lol.. this really amazes me.. I'm glad I got to hang around a bunch old timers growing up real true owner ops and grasped enough knowledge that being on your own all you need is the reputation for being reliable and somewhat socialable and the agents call you. You don't call them unless you're in a bind. My cousin has his own authority pulling van, reefer and flat and his phone rings everyday all day... Pointing and clicking is good for what it's good for. But to be successful you have to pick up the phone and talk. We can't talk to nobody here lol.. And yes sni will start charging for Qualcomm and tolls.. We can't even use the company car no more wth.. And paying tolls is no big deal if you incorporate it into the rate you negotiate.. something you can't do here.. Just saying

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
    scythe08 and Home_on_wheels Thank this.
  11. radioshark

radioshark Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2012
    • Every person is created different.
    Every persons needs are different.
    Every person wants are different.
    Every persons likes and dislikes are different. There is a system somewhere that works everyone and that system might not work for you but works for themThat's what make this country great.
    There is a system for every persons likes dislikes wants and needs.
    What is the point in bashing one person want needs likes or dislike other than making one feel superior than the other.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.