Picking my own freight baby! My journey to & of being on Schneider choice, the Adventure & Numbers!

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by freightwipper, Jun 1, 2015.

1. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    We were making too much money is what happened, us smart experienced drivers become expendable as Schneider realized there's a never ending supply of idiots willing to haul cheap freight.
    Lowering the experience requirement to join was I think the biggest clue the direction Schneider wanted this program to go.

drvrtech77 and spyder7723 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    That would be my guess. The logistics company is seeing increased rates but bothering it to the trucking company at the same rate. Perfectly legal. Ethical? Not so much. And says to me that they do not think of their owner operators as business partners.

4. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    From my talks with our agents, contracted lane rates are negotiated quarterly, and sometimes monthly. I get the feeling from those talks that while there will be exceptions, this is industry standard.

sealevel Thanks this.
  5. hawkjr

hawkjr Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Virginia
    So you have to make a payment at one point of $65K or make a payment towards that $65K??
    So do you have to make the residual payment all at once or could you have it deducted?

6. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    At the end of my lease I can either turn the truck in or buy it out.
    I can go finance it out through a bank or SFI offers to finance the rest out over a two year peroid. Of course plopping down cash to buy it out is an option as well.

7. sealevel

sealevel Road Train Member

May 31, 2012
    U.S. 41
    I can tell you one undeniable fact. Losing the you tube stars is the best thing that could happen for you guys. More will come along to replace them though. Rates are only part of the problem. There will never be enough good loads to go around when you have recruitment tools like that everywhere you turn on a program that is already to easy to get on the first place. Oversaturation is what killed it and the low rates are partially a bi product of that.

spyder7723 Thanks this.
  8. Basher28

Basher28 Bobtail Member

Mar 3, 2017
    Molino, Fl
    Looks like choice isn't the way to go then lol

9. rickybobby

rickybobby Road Train Member

Jul 10, 2010
    greensboro, nc
    I'm having a pretty good week.

10. rickybobby

rickybobby Road Train Member

Jul 10, 2010
    greensboro, nc
    On and on and on... same thing months ago. Good news I'm having a killa Mercer week again. If this make everyone feel better Schneider sucks!!!

RStewart Thanks this.
  11. Basher28

Basher28 Bobtail Member

Mar 3, 2017
    Molino, Fl
    I've heard a lot of good about Mercer.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.