Picking my own freight baby! My journey to & of being on Schneider choice, the Adventure & Numbers!

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by freightwipper, Jun 1, 2015.

1. RootHog

RootHog Heavy Load Member

May 23, 2008
    NWA
    On the Traveloko situation, I don't think it is really a bad thing. It's basically what others out there are offering.

Here's my deal. If you are going to own or lease a truck and a trailer, pay cargo/liability, book your own loads through broker boards, Uber, or whatever, I don't think that 12% is worth any back office stuff they are doing. Makes absolutely no sense to me to give the company 12% when you are doing everything else that an independent does.

Kind of reached that point here at Schneider as well, especially after getting real world numbers from an independent that lives close to me. I was always nervous about making that leap into being fully independent, now I am at the point I just can't justify letting a carrier have 35%.

Opus and TennMan Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    We're really not getting 65%, remember Schneider brokers loads to themselves.
    Rates in actuality are whatever the heck they make up, just like the fuel discount.
    It's a big joke and the joke is on us.

CJndaTruck, Opus, CaptainDaveG and 6 others Thank this.
  4. RStewart

RStewart Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Norman, OK
    You finally see the truth young grasshopper. Took me almost a year to see it. Lol.

5. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Sni offers 65% of what they decide...i have seen way too many cases of rate and load manipulation on the board..there is a reason why sni is pushing co drivers hard onto the program...they're programmed and won't question a thing...what i saw in the last 8mos or so i was there pretty much solidifies that...

Opus, driverdriver and RStewart Thank this.
  6. hawkjr

hawkjr Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Virginia
    It's the same #### thing as F2F.... one of those YouTube dorks started over there first and the wave started from there. The rates he post aren't but only one of those are special. He thinks they're great because "DAT" says it's more than the average.

Crazy the following he got, I refused to take advice from a guy who tried to advise folks to lease to Crete but that's just me

7. TennMan

TennMan Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Hazzard County Jail !!!!!
    Finally, I'm not a whining hater!!

8. RStewart

RStewart Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Norman, OK
    Not so fast. The orange kool-aide drinkers will still think you are.

TennMan Thanks this.
  9. drvrtech77

Mar 20, 2010
    I could say this for sure and I'm sure you'll agree with it in the last year or so it has really gotten bad and has gotten even worse after the IPO...

Opus, driverdriver and TennMan Thank this.
  10. drvrtech77

Mar 20, 2010
    I'm running a load right now that we got from Schneider that's paying nearly $3 a mile LOL

TennMan Thanks this.
  11. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    You said what was coming.
    Now it's here.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.