Picking my own freight baby! My journey to & of being on Schneider choice, the Adventure & Numbers!

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by freightwipper, Jun 1, 2015.

1. RStewart

RStewart Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Norman, OK
    You're not going to gross 4k a week running 300 miles a day now. What make it harder to do is the fact that a big portion of the high paying loads are gone & the ones that are there like to "cancel" on you. And then there is the trailer hunts.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RStewart

Aug 21, 2015
    Norman, OK
    Good luck with that. With your friends on the inside you might be ok. Schneider is ok for a newbie to get their feet a little wet in the o/o world cause at least they will get a little experience at managing a business. But it sucks if someone wants the freedom that comes with being an o/o. As for me, working smarter meant getting away from Schneider.

4. warhippy

warhippy Medium Load Member

May 9, 2014
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thank you Sir! Duly noted. If I can walk out making 50 to 60K a year NET I will be content. I don't have an inside connection except from what I have learned working in the business this long and talking to other O/O's. I want the flexibility to run where I want when I want and they offer that. I understand when the good loads post and where and hope to be in those areas when they post. That's the only advantage I have over anyone else. I know how to work and have never been afraid of it. Thanks again and I apologize if I offended anyone just sharing what I have seen.

RStewart Thanks this.
  5. RStewart

Aug 21, 2015
    Norman, OK
    I don't think you offended anyone at all.

Schneider isn't the only place that lets you pick & chose your freight, you know this right? It's still a good fit for some but for others it's not. I say go for it, get your feet wet, & if/when you get tired of Schneider stepping on your toes then you'll have the experience to go elsewhere & make money.

6. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    Really , your content with making a company driver wage running your own truck.

CJndaTruck, Opus, PoleCrusher and 2 others Thank this.
  7. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    .ca to Denver for 1.78 ain't a good rate.
    matter of fact that's down right garbage.
    He's going to find out the hard way that was in fact , not a smart move.
    With the statments your making its pretty clear your here to trying to clean up Schneiders image ,It's not going to work .
    CA TO DENVER 1.78 LMAO!!!!!!!!!!
    " apparently he was pretty smart" Roflmao!!!

CJndaTruck, Opus, RStewart and 3 others Thank this.
  8. kanidana

kanidana Heavy Load Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Mesa, AZ
    It really is all about perspective. Where I'm at now I make between .40 and. 45 cents a mile on a 3000 to 3200 mile week grossing after fuel and truck payment 11 to 1300 a week when things work out perfect. Drop and hooks are rare and when we do get them they many times involve waiting at a shipper for up to 36 hours with ZERO compensation because places like tyson and jbs have huge loading windows. This is hauling reefer btw...and don't even get me started on produce loads with multiple picks.

If I were able to come to Schneider and net 1500 a week after expenses, I'd be doing flips and running around in circles like a dog whose owner just got back from a long vacation.

9. redoctober83

redoctober83 Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    Seattle, wa
    Sounds like you need to charge reefer companies. What reefer company do you work for now?

driverdriver Thanks this.
  10. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Are you suggesting 1500 dollar weekly settlements are acceptable?

11. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    When i read his post saying that was a smart move i literally spot my coffee out laughing. Colorado is about as bad a market as it gets. I actually just got back from Colorado. But i didnt go there for 1.78. I got more than double that.

Opus, driverdriver and PoleCrusher Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.