Picking my own freight baby! My journey to & of being on Schneider choice, the Adventure & Numbers!

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by freightwipper, Jun 1, 2015.

1. scythe08

scythe08 Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Portland, Or
    As a company drive (not SNI anymore) I'm going to make about 72k this year. I pay $35 a week for full bennies and Injave a decent 401k and vacation. I net 900-1100 a week. I run easy runs and for the most part everything is pretty low stress. Not bad for a company gig.

If I was an O/O(my company pays $1.20 per mile and 65% of FSC)? Completely unacceptable! The working more for less philosophy isnt as profitable as working less for more.
    If you're making company driver wages as an O/O, you're being used, plain and simple. Running more for less is not a wise business decision. BUT if you're using it as a stepping stone, learning the business and such, I can see and understand that point.

As a company driver for SNI, when the majority here were I/C's, for a year and a half, not once did I do a trailer move. Not once did I have a load cancel. It's painfully obvious how they're being used in those situations.

The I'Cs that post on here and their successes are not typical of the drivers that i saw and heard in the OCs. I consistently over heard how $1.00 or a $1.05 or. 98 was 'Good money and how ,'I ain't no company driver ' and how they're taking a $1000 home a week now. And any educational attempt by an I/C that was knowledgeable like on here, was met with 'I run where I want' which was countered with a 'But are you running where it is profitable? Which in turn was met by a blank look.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TennMan

TennMan Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Hazzard County Jail !!!!!
    So he booked a load from Cali to denver?

1.78 per mile loaded?

What about the deadhead from Phoenix?

300 plus miles will probably bring that rate down to 1.20 a mile or so. How smarts that?

freightwipper and poppapump1332 Thank this.
  4. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    Please don't come with the it sucks where I'm at bs, it doesn't change what's going on here at Schneider.

RStewart Thanks this.
  5. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    And I can also tell you this the vast majority of the so-called load cancellations at Schneider are not cancellations by the customer but that's Schneider's way of saying screw you Weir going to put it on the company truck find something else and we don't care if it pays $0.80 a mile less than what you had... Basically what I'm saying is I don't believe the customers are cancelling as much as Schneider claims they just use that term to make it look like the customer cancelled when they really did not... They actually terminated an ic here recently for arguing with them about his load being cancelled when he was already half loaded with the forklift driver going in and out of the trailer and a few minutes later a company driver is showing up to pick up the load... Schneider excuse to him was evidently your business is not compatible with ours... That is absolutely crooked Beyond any shadow of a doubt

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  6. kanidana

kanidana Heavy Load Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Mesa, AZ
    Well one of our more reputable drivers just signed on with the Schneider ic program and he has nothing but praise for it. It could be possible he hasn't been there long enough to get the slow uncomfortable screw up against the orange wall, I just don't know.

scythe08 Thanks this.
  7. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Basically what we're trying to say is we're letting everybody know just what happens over there so that you're not blindsided when they start pulling the shenanigans

kanidana and driverdriver Thank this.
  8. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    Probably booked one of those delicious 73 to 93cpm over to la to get that premium 1.78 load to Denver. LMAO

drvrtech77, RStewart and freightwipper Thank this.
  9. kanidana

kanidana Heavy Load Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Mesa, AZ
    That is my biggest fear. Currently I'm making 1.12, all miles. I would be out of phoenix. As far as I'm concerned, I won't run anything under what I'm making now, including dh. I'd rather dh for free to a good market on PRINCIPLE alone, than to pay somebody to haul their freight. That's what those numbers do when you take into consideration your truck payment, and various other expenses, including depreciation. Someone earlier said that there is freight on the load board as low as 0.63 cents. How the heck can anybody afford to pull that freight? It's beyond my understanding. Even if my truck was paid for, I'd pass.

My point being, I get why you I.C. guys get pissed when some upstart like myself shows up and says $1500.00 a week sounds good to me. It's the same argument that people make about immigrants willing to work cheaper and undercutting American wage earners. In the mind of some of you "these darn O/O upstarts pulling freight for peanuts and driving down the entire market!!!!"

But, you don't have to worry about me. I'm unqualified to work at the pumpkin patch so I'm stuck on the slow mo reefer freight for "peanuts". This week my personal choice to relax on a 34 has cost me big time for the next settlement. It's basic economics. Trade offs. What has more value to you and what decisions you make based on those criteria.

scythe08 and driverdriver Thank this.
  10. TennMan

TennMan Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Hazzard County Jail !!!!!
    Drivers who go from 800 to 1k a week then come here and make 1500 aren't the problem, it's the companies that convince drivers through low pay that 1500 is a huge step up.

Reality is 1500 net settlement is equivalent to 900 or 1k net after taxes and benies a company hand takes home.

RStewart, drvrtech77 and driverdriver Thank this.
  11. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    How much is the referral bonus these days ?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.