Picking my own freight baby! My journey to & of being on Schneider choice, the Adventure & Numbers!

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by freightwipper, Jun 1, 2015.

1. SingingWolf

SingingWolf Heavy Load Member

Sep 14, 2016
    Steubenville, OH
    I expected to MAYBE get a little flak from @TennMan and maybe a couple others because "I should know better" but that's about it. Didn't think I'd restart world war 3 again. :D

TennMan, scythe08 and sealevel Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    I for one, thank you. I come to this thread for the entertainment value. Frankly it was getting a little stale.

4. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    @freightwipper how's your new deal you have going on? Off to a good start?

SingingWolf Thanks this.
  5. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    It was 6 months in with Schneider before I posted this thread. I've gone in a completely new direction and will take some time learning, gaining info etc before sharing.

GoGetta07, TennMan and HalpinUout Thank this.
  6. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    Let's talk about how great Schneider is, that'll be sure to set off the fireworks :)

TennMan Thanks this.
  7. slow.rider

slow.rider Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2017
    NYC
    I read this thread in the early days, but heck if it hasn't turned into a freaking communist revolution!

jonargal Thanks this.
  8. hawkjr

hawkjr Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Virginia
    When you can lease on to other companies, and haul Schneider freight that ICs can't for a #### good rate, then I don't think that program should be giving claim as "best for dry van"... Just My Opinion tho

9. hawkjr

hawkjr Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Virginia
    Will say this, I despise lease programs but Schneider's would probably be the only one I'll consider

10. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    Why?
    You have to do 3000+ miles a week to bearly make a company driver wage.
    Current average to the truck is 1.30 for the majority of IC ' S

TennMan Thanks this.
  11. RootHog

RootHog Heavy Load Member

May 23, 2008
    NWA
    I'm new to dealing with brokers, but from an early perspective, this is a piece of cake.

Finally got everything done with my authority and picked up my trailer on Monday.

Monday night, posted my truck on the DAT as available for Tuesday on the DAT loadboard. Started looking at loads for about 5 minutes Tuesday morning and the phone rings. Broker called me with a load to Lebanon, TN from the Northwest Arkansas area. 30 seconds of negotiating and I was signing a Rate Con for $1250.00. (2.36/mile). Delivered it today, posted my truck this morning, and got a load within minutes right back to my hometown, for the same $1250.00. I've yet to call a broker, and yet to spend more than just a few seconds. That second load, I didn't even get a phone call. I had my email listed instead, he emailed me, I emailed a counter, and he emailed me a rate con and carrier packet.

If anything, I'm kicking myself for being leased to a carrier for as long as I was. The security you get (or think you get) simply isn't worth the money that you are leaving on the table.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.