Picking my own freight baby! My journey to & of being on Schneider choice, the Adventure & Numbers!

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by freightwipper, Jun 1, 2015.

1. stevep1977

stevep1977 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Easy solution to that cold storage place. 8 hour sleeper berth at the facility. Sucks but that's the price to pay.

They really need to loosen up split log rules. You should be able to do whatever split you want, 9/1, 7/3, 5.5/4.5 etc etc

Home_on_wheels and CaptainDaveG Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    If you are a company driver paid by the mile, sucks for you.
    If you are an Owner Operator paid by the mile or on some phony percentage program, sucks for you too.

No longer can you play with your logs to get more miles/revenue in.
    Those type of drivers will be losing money, some will quit over it.

If you are an owner operator, able to book freely and run legal the elog mandate is the best thing that could have ever happened to you. Now we can work less hard for money being capacity has tightened.
    Many of those "other" drivers might not make it but it's their own fault for running cheap.

If you can't make good money running legally and getting enough sleep you need to look in the mirror and not blame an elog.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  4. freightwipper

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    Or before your 8th hour that coldstorage place will force you off their property... in the Northeast... At 2am... with no parking anywhere.
    Then your logs will be completely screwed and you'll miss your appointment for your next load likely.
    You know stuff like that is going on out here.

Even if you do an 8 hour sleeper just to extend your logs if you've gotten no sleep how safe is that? It's not.
    You know thats going on out here too.
    Those are going to be the drivers in accidents and will likely try to blame it on the elogs too lol.

driverdriver and stevep1977 Thank this.
  5. stevep1977

Dec 23, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Well as long as shipper and receivers dictate what drivers can and can't do on their property then there isn't any realistic and safe system. These places hold you there for hours, it should be manditory that facilities allow drivers to follow logging rules. If they want to be hard ##### about kicking you out then they should hold you no longer than 2 hrs. That's pretty much just common sense.

SingingWolf and gentleroger Thank this.
  6. freightwipper

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    common sense? since when was there any of that in trucking? lol

7. stevep1977

Dec 23, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Common sense from their standpoint. They kick you out, out of sight, out of mind.

SingingWolf and gentleroger Thank this.
  8. CaptainDaveG

CaptainDaveG Road Train Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Fremont Wi
    If the shipper etc screws my hours. Please dial 911. I can move sorry. I tells all of them this is what I have left I won't move. Some how it gets done.

Be Safe Out There

Captain Dave

SingingWolf and stevep1977 Thank this.
  9. JOHNQPUBLIC

JOHNQPUBLIC Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Central New York
    Maybe if some of these places started getting their docks blocked with out of hours trucks and drivers refusing to move them things would start to change. They would learn they can't take 8 hours to get 1 truck in and out.

Opus, stevep1977 and SingingWolf Thank this.
  10. againstthewind

againstthewind Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    if you dont want to sit at cold storage docks quit eating so much, only in america can people eat so #### much and think the system that supports it is gonna move smoothly, its like the guys complaining about sleeping next to a reefer, how you think that garbage your eating got there, not much different than four wheelers complaining about trucks, quit consuming so much and they all go away, but to expect that we as a society can consume and use so many products without any consequences is absurd.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  11. PoleCrusher

PoleCrusher Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2014
    LLMF
    Seriously? You are joking. Say you're joking. Please, tell me you are not serious.

ChicagoJohn Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.