Picking my own freight baby! My journey to & of being on Schneider choice, the Adventure & Numbers!

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by freightwipper, Jun 1, 2015.

1. RStewart

RStewart Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Norman, OK
    Watkins might have cared about you & treated you right. They gave you a good job but the problem is that Schneider knows they can get 100 drivers to do your job for $30k less per year. They don't care about you one bit & they will make changes that will cut into your pay & you will end up leaving. Then they can make more money. They also don't care about loyalty & longevity. So if they go through a couple drivers a year don't your job that's ok too because they will pay them way less starting out. I hope your job doesn't change but history usually repeats itself.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    This person has been in here since 09 and only has 29 posts...think about it.....

4. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    @Driver91 , think he's talkin about you. Are you a bad driver?

5. PoleCrusher

PoleCrusher Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2014
    LLMF
    Man just because weed is legal in a few states doesn't mean you have to go smoke till your brains fall out...

Opus and spyder7723 Thank this.
  6. Scott72

Scott72 Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2013
    Man you guys are harsh. What's this guy's motivation to just randomly pop in here and lie his ### off? It sounds like he runs his butt off, in which it should pay #### good. Give him a chance to prove himself before tarring and feathering the guy.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  7. Driver91

Driver91 Medium Load Member

Jun 28, 2015
    Lol yeah I’m so bad that the dispatch in myrtle calls wanting me back about once every 2 weeks.
    Schneider screwed up my money and my hometime. That’s why I left... This guy is running out of a terminal still using terminal dispatchers. Which is what I was doing until they screwed it up. So he will be on here crying before to long as well. Lol.

Oh by the way, Watkins/Schneider just lost 90% of its Lane furniture account Jan. 1. Only thing they are hauling now is what wayfair will let them haul. And when I was there they always said Lane was the reason we got 20 a stop. So some of you guys might be looking at a pay cut pretty soon.
    That’s just one more account Schneider has lost since taking over. Makes it about 2 or 3 I think lol

TennMan, spyder7723 and gentleroger Thank this.
  8. frmerdrslmer

frmerdrslmer Bobtail Member

Apr 19, 2009
    Missoula,MT
    Lane is a lost cause since the F.B.I. bankruptcy. All of my customers dropped the brand.
    Myrtle switched to the Wednesday/Saturday dispatch to try and move more loads. A lot of drivers were taking Sunday night till midday Thursday to do one run.
    Company drivers are used to run Chicago, Louisiana, Atlanta and Alabama/Florida areas but were struggling to meet customer demand.
    I moved there when Walt closed the takeover deal with Action.
    I ran out of there for most of 2014 but left when they changed load out dates.
    Some of us made $25 a stop out of Myrtle.
    It's a real craphole down there but we were there long before we got the FBI account and I'm sure we'll be there long after. There's a lot of accounts still in Mississippi and Alabama.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  9. frmerdrslmer

Apr 19, 2009
    Missoula,MT
    Because the quality here is terrible. Drivers with barely speakable experience giving advice and the never ending censorship and moderation control.
    I prefer to spend my free time on more fulfilling activities.

10. Driver91

Driver91 Medium Load Member

Jun 28, 2015
    Not calling you a liar but I was there in 2015 and I don’t remember getting help from outside terminals.
    I wish u luck but it just didn’t work for me when they made changes. If they hadn’t cut my money in half by changing dispatch I would prob still be there. Matter of fact I’m still stick hauling just with a much better company. And running the same places as when I was there. So all is good.

11. frmerdrslmer

Apr 19, 2009
    Missoula,MT
    It wasn't outside help. I moved there.
    I was in 4000 and 2506 while there.
    Had a house in Lake Charles. I ran flatbed after leaving there till January 2015.
    My bad. I was there January 2014 - September 2014.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.